“Just ok. Won't go back.”

Shang-hai Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
San Antonio, Texas
“Just ok. Won't go back.”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I ordered take out. I ordered Mongolian Beef and The Shanghi Triple Crown. Both tasting the same with a weird smell. Sorry to say this but the Mongolian Beef smelled like a dirty toilet. The food didn't taste fresh. The vegetables were totally saturated and limp. The service on the phone and at register were very friendly.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank hughesgang

“Surprisingly good!”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I have lived and shopped in this area for many, many years, but for some reason I've never been to Shang-Hai Restaurant. My husband and I just returned from rectifying that omission.

It's a small, older (read red and gold decor) Chinese restaurant in an older strip center. Normally I wouldn't expect much from a restaurant like this but we were very pleasantly surprised. The soups were good, egg rolls and Rangoon perfectly adequate, and the entrees were fresh, flavorful, and large enough for us to each take home leftovers. The dinner specials (they come with soup, egg roll or Rangoon, and fried rice) are a superb value. Service was extremely pleasant and competent as well. We will return!

1 Thank Sbuent51
San Antonio, Texas
“Great Service for Great Value”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Have gone here for two decades. The food has always been great and the prices low. ($8 with tea for single dinner - soup entree rice and eggroll or Rangoon). Never a delay in getting served. If they're open another two decades I'm sure I'll be eating here.

1 Thank flyerco
Seguin, Texas, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent choice!”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We've been going to Shanghai for years. The food and service are always great.

• Visited August 2011