“Great hidden value”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Olympia Hills Golf Course
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Played this course in mid February as a single. What a hidden gem. As others have said, not your typical municipal course. Some of the best greens I have played on this trip. Lots of elevation changes, scenic wildlife, and playable holes. Very impressed. Had excellent interactions with all staff members in the pro shop and the starters. For under $40, a course I would play every time I was back to the area.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

If you played the SA city courses, you need to venture out to Universal City and play Olympia Hills GC. From it's elevated tee boxes to long par 4s, this course is a challenging and fun course to play. The pro shop staff and starter were nice to my party. This course can be a challenge to any high hc but there are some holes that any novice can score on. They have a real nice on-site practice range (balls not included) that is near the starting holes. Be sure to book a twilight special for best rates.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Very beautiful course but very rude staff. It was a nice day but car path only due to rain the day before. Three brothers in late 40's and 50's along with 79 year old father. Marshall, very rude person and with no tact at all rushes you thru the course. I tried to explain that being car path only, my father being 79 and one brother being VA handicap it was taking a little longer but he said that we had to play faster. I explained that we stopped to get water and sodas because it was hot and that we let the other groups go by and he said it didn't matter and to hurry up. Needless to say he ruined our day and we will never play there or recommend this course to anyone

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Course was challenging and well maintained, however, the staff was rude and the Marshall was not keeping track very well. He pushed my group along multiple times, not realizing that we couldn't play any faster because of the group in front of us. He also said that the group behind us started 50 minutes after us, which was not true, and said we were not allowed to let them play through. I've played many courses in San Antonio since I've moved here, but this is the only one that I will not be revisiting.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was my second time to play this beautiful course and I had remembered from the first time that this was a "MUST PLAY AGAIN" course whenever we were back in that area. You know you are in Central Texas from the trees and brush (and NOT houses) outlining the fairways. Seriously, this course is a muni? In rates only - it's better kept than half the country clubs. Truly enjoyable course to play.