“What A Hidden Gem” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Antonio Texas
“What A Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have been hearing good things about Four Kings for a while now. Their abbreviated hours makes them essentially a lunch place. They close at 4 M-F. I had the opportunity to stop by today to grab a couple of sandwiches to go. The place is not small inside like you would expect. It is clean and while not fancy it is friendly in staff and decor. Sandwiches here are not just run of the mill. Bread is baked fresh each day. A different soup is offered each day. Salads are available and look yummy. I did not try the brownies but I can tell you they were fairly flying out the door while I was there. BTW, I was in the door, in line and out in 10 minutes or less. Chips in large variety and drinks are also available. Probably half the people in there while I was there were Air Force in uniform (probably from Randolph just 2 miles down the road). I had the Black Forest Ham and Hubby had the cherry glazed pork loin special. WOWSA!! Yes, it was that good. If they extended their hours Subway would be out of business in short order. We will definitely be back many times.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I have been coming here since they opened September 2011 and their delicious soups, sandwiches, salads and desserts never dissappoint! Everything I have tried are beyond tasty! All breads are baked fresh daily as well fresh baked desserts and a daily soup! Try anything and you are sure to love it!!

Universal City
“SOUP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is an unusual little place only open for lunch but wow, what a place. They are a soup and sandwich and desert kind of place. They only have one kind of soup each day. We often stop just to bring home the soup! If you are in U.C. around lunch, try them!

Visited November 2012
Bulverde, Texas, United States
“Already planning my next visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I showed up with a friend to try out this little place. Their facebook page lists the daily specials and I was looking forward to the German Potato Soup and Filipino Street Sandwich. However, when I saw the big board of options, I was frozen with indecision. SO MANY fantastic options! Soups, salads and sandwiches. I wanted them all!! I chose the special, because I figured I could get a regular item any time. But I've been thinking about that Bahn Mi for days now. The people who worked there were very friendly. We arrived early and were the only ones there, and two different people came over to ask us how we liked our food. It was terrific.

As noon neared the place started to fill. This place is not a secret and is soon going to be incredibly busy. Be the person who finds a fantastic food joint. Go to Four Kings!

• Visited October 2012