“Close to interstates”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Universal City
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Close to interstates”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Room is cheap and basic. No fridge or microwave. Door hard to open and close. It looks like they may be remodeling because of the toilets etc piled up outside the tub needed to be refinished the room was kept clean and was close to interstate access. If you are picky this is not the place for you. Staff was friendly. I survived five nights so I guess that's a plus

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The value here is great but for what you get, it is overpriced. Let me preface this with the fact that we made our arrangements online for the weekend leading into spring break. Online we asked for a roll out bed and a downstairs room. When we got here, we knew we messed up and booked in the "NEEDS IMPROVEMENTS" part of town. At the front desk they said they had no roll out. We said said ok and proceeded. To our room. The board behind the bed was nice. The comforters needed updating and the room has mismatching elements. The room smelled like SMOKE and is missing the smoke alarm. In the bathroom, the toilet flush is incredible but the tub has burn marks and is PEELING! (What causes that?) I missed home EVERYTIME I had to shower. Getting ready for bed we turned on the ac. There is something spilled on the inside! (What is that?) Come morning, we woke up for continental breakfast. Daylight savings had us there at 9:20. The lady over breakfast was rude and cursing. She did so as if she was speaking to herself but we could hear. "I'll be damned if I work hard and he does nothing." Please dont let the guest know there is a problem. Also, I realize we made it kind of late but there are better ways to convey the approaching time limit without making your guest feel like a troublesome step child. On day 2 of our experience, we came back to find a "Do not disturb sign" on the door. (Who put it there? Not us!) Our room was left as it was without any new towels. We told the front desk what happened. He didnt sound shocked at the news but said he would bring some after he settled his new customers. (Understandable) We ended up having to go get the towels and was told that there were out of facial towels but that he would bring them when his shift was over. (I'm not holding my breath.) I'm calling corporate because even though this is no "Hilton", I think your name should still stand for something! Again, there were good aspects but for me personally, I would rather pay more and get more.

• Stayed March 2013
TEXAS
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Dont understand why would place someone who is rude to operate the front desk. Parking is good, service sucks, Over Priced charged us 60 dollars a night. will not stay there again. Shower peeling, Bed was horrible . No Hot water.

Room Tip: Look else where
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesquite
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Have stayed here before but this motel seems to be going downhill. My room smelled a little stale and the sheets were dingy. Lumpy pillows!! The bathroom however was clean.
Pretty good "Continental" breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Universal City
Northeast San Antonio
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fort Sam
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fo...
#192 of 355 in San Antonio
Navona Live Oak Hotel
#230 of 355 in San Antonio

Been to Super 8 Universal City? Share your experiences!