“Love the Cottage....but........”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Uncertain
Hodge Podge Cottages
Ranked #2 of 2 Uncertain B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Stayed there a few weeks ago. The cottage we wanted wasn't clean/made up so Joann moved us to the next cottage over that was larger. Whoo Hooo! Unfortunately the heat didn't work. We were all settled in/unpacked and didn't feel like moving again. Woke up to a chilly 57 degrees. No worries we big boys and girls.

I emailed Hodge Podge to just fyi them for fixing for the next guest. Received no response or even a sorry. Kinda of rub me wrong..

However the cottages are just lovely and right on the Caddo Lake River. Very beautiful and pretty. Cottages have a homely touch and cozy. Probably just a blimp on the radar/perfect storm for our visit.

Room Tip: Check the heat or a/c and amentities before unpacking.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mike M
There are newer reviews for Hodge Podge Cottages

Reviewed October 26, 2009

I stayed at the Shipwreck cottage (a converted houseboat) with my 3 children. We loved it, it was perfect. The houseboat has a private bedroom upstairs and a fold out couch in the salon and a double bed in the fo'c'sle downstairs. We cooked outside on the barbecue pit and borrowed the owner's canoes for a paddle around Caddo Lake. It was fabulous. The only drawbacks - no curtains in the bathroom and the linens could use updating.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2006

Maybe I shouldn't reveal what a great find the Hodge Podge Cottages are because I will want to return. I found Hodge Podge Cottages online. The website provides great info and photos. The charming cottages are real houses on large lots, not stark little cabins crowded together. We rented the Red Cottage #1. It was clean, air-conditioned, roomy, and well-furnished. It is the only place I have ever stayed that provided enough wash cloths. Joann Hodge is warm and welcoming. Her son took us on a boat tour of the lake. He was a great guide. The Hodges own a nice fishing pier that guests may use. They also offer the use of canoes. On the next trip to Caddo Lake, we want to stay in the converted houseboat (another Hodge Podge Cottage).

Stayed: August 2006
8  Thank Seein'_the_world

Been to Hodge Podge Cottages? Share your experiences!