“Very Quiet Comfortable Stay in Tyler” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Tyler
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Very Quiet Comfortable Stay in Tyler”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel in the past. This is my first time since recent renovations. The room (I am staying in the tower this time around) is quiet and comfortable. Flat screen TV with lots of stations. Bathroom is clean. It is a basic Holiday Inn, with a restaurant, bar, and meeting rooms. If someone were to ask how my hotel stay in Tyler was, I would say, "Holiday Inn is a very good choice in Tyler."

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelManagerHISB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to send in a review on our hotel. We are glad you noticed all the "new" we have put into this hotel and there is more to come....In November, all new furniture for our sleeping rooms. We are so excited.......Come back and enjoy the new look

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Burbank, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel four times this year as I speak at a nearby college and they go with this hotel. Each visit is wonderful. Jennifer was wonderful at the front desk and no matter who is about, everyone is quite helpful. In fact, the shuttle does not operate between 1 and 3 and my flight left at 4 and they called the 1 o'clock guy to come in 15 minutes early so as to get me to the airport on time. I love it.

Room Tip: If you need the shuttle realize that they don't go between 1 PM and 3 PM.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank speakerbrent
Thank you for your response to our hotel. We thank you for your patronage and hope to see you many more times in your travels to Tyler. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, give us a call
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Very comfy & clean; and the full restaurant breakfast buffet was excellent. Complimentary accesses to full health club across the street was a nice bonus. Could use updating, but I recommended this place without hesitation, even though wifi was a little slow.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for recognizing the little things that make this hotel great. We are going to be putting new furniture in all the rooms starting in November and early next year we have some more things planned. Keep in touch and come back and see us soon!
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Holiday Inn South Broadway was a pleasant stay. We were here for a conference - not happening at the hotel, but this was where most of the conference attendees were staying. I did hear about problems from other people staying at the hotel (shower/toilet didn't work), but i understand the problems were fixed quickly and efficiently. We had no issues with our stay.

Front desk staff were always friendly and helpful. Our room was serviced rather late each day, which was sometimes a bit inconvenient, but the housekeeping staff were very efficient and kept the room very clean. The carpeting and flooring are newer and the furniture in the rooms is in very good condition. Our room was very spacious, with a microwave and a bar fridge in our room, WIFI is complimentary, and there is a large flat-screen TV. The beds are very comfortable and you have your choice of pillows.
Our room faced the pool, but it wasn’t noisy. The balcony doors do not open, but the air conditioning works, so it wasn’t the end of the world. I did find it a bit too bright at night, as the lights are on all night at the pool. The room-darkening curtains had just enough of a gap at the end that they let a bit of that light in. The pool was very clean and pool towels are provided. They do movies out by the pool at night – all kid-friendly.

The toiletries were good quality, but they only provide conditioning shampoo, not a separate shampoo and conditioner. Water pressure in the shower was good, and there was ample hot water. The vanity in the bathroom spans the entire width of the bathroom, so there is lots of room for your toiletries kit. There is an iron and ironing board and several hangers in the closet, which is a good size. Lots of drawers in the dresser.

There is a complimentary guest laundry, or you can have the hotel take care of your laundry for you. You can buy single-load boxes of laundry detergent from the front desk. I’m not sure exactly what the cost is. I bought laundry soap on two different days, and the cost was different each time – by about 50 cents!

There are a restaurant and a pub on site, and lots of other places to eat available in the immediate area. The restaurant had a good breakfast buffet, but we didn’t have dinner there. There is lots of shopping in the area – Walmart and Target are just south of the hotel and there are numerous other malls within walking distance, or just a short drive away, with a very wide variety of shops. There are transit stops available within a block of the hotel, if you need to take transit to get around.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool are not noisy, but they will be a bit bright at night as the lights are on...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelManagerHISB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at our hotel. It gives the staff and I such a good feeling to know that all the hard work and effort pays off because someone like you take time time to let up know. Hurry back and see us soon!
Ruston,La
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn S Broadway on the night of Aug 17, 2012. This property is really starting to show its age. In addition the safety of guest is definitely in question. To start the parking lot and front entrance is very dark and not well lighted. It was so bad that I told my wife that neither of us would go to the parking lot alone. I am a police officer and did not feel comfotable. Right outside the front door there were three women of the night consuming alcohol and appeared to be "soliciting" for dates. Do not let the cheery pic of the entrance fool you about this area. Once inside at the check in area the scuff marks on the floor and knicks on the doors and counter left a uhh ohh this is not going to be a good experience feeling. The staff was friendly and very quick with check in. The bad lighting continued to the pool area with several burnt out light fixtures not operating surrounding that area. Once in our room there was a damp musty smell and feel to the room. The furniture was beat up on the edges and the bed was not the typical Holiday Inn bedding I have becom accustomed to.. The bathroom was a disaster. The shower had several broken cracked tiles on the wall. The hand rail in the shower was only attatched at one end. The toilet would hang up and run non stop to the point I had to take the lid off the tank and close the flapper by hand. The stench was terrible when I did lift the lid. There was much mold and mildew growin under the lid. The shower was very very slow to drain. At the end of my shower the water in the tub was over the top of my ankles. Upon check out the clerk had a very bad I dont care attitude. It was like thanks for giving us your money good by. The Holiday Inn standards I have become used to were definitely not in place here. A update to this property is bady needed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank criminalpatrol
HotelManagerHISB, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tyler-South Broadway, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
I want to apologize for the experiences you endured while a guest at our hotel. As I was reading your response, I was very concerned of the incidents you described. My Chief Engineer and I have inspected the areas you mentioned and if you would email me at penny@smi-hotelgroup.com and give me the room you stayed in, we will address those issues as well. I am sorry you had a bad feeling about the safety of our hotel as you see by the many other comments, most of our guests have a great experience here. The Blue Knights convention was held here in June which consisted of police officers that were here for a week went very well. We are in process of getting new furniutre in our rooms and early next year we will be doing more upgrades as it is a never ending process to keep hotels current. I hope if you are in Tyler again, you give us another opportunity to show you that this is not the norm. Thank you.
Granbury, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is better than most holiday inns. Front desk people are friendly and great location.... Right next door to chewys!Also close to Tyler mall and lots of other shopping.Rooms are above average and beds are decent.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Edom, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

`we had a great state convention thanks to the team @ the holiday inn!!
as chefs the bar we raise in the hospitality biz is higher when being taken care of!
Cindy our event coordinator had her team treating us like superstars. we couldn't asked for any better service than we received.
in the planning stages we had meetings with the chef to check out the quality of the food,at first he was nervous but his food was outstanding!!!his presentation on our breakfast & lunches were spot on! thanks to him & his crew!!!
thanks again,
cj

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for showing appreciation to our hotel and staff for a great Chef's convention. I must admit we were a little afraid to host all the great Chefs from around Texas. We see by your comments we met your expectations and we Thank You for that. Come back soon