New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Very nice and friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Tyler

Motel 6 Tyler
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tyler
Motel 6 Tyler
You added Motel 6 Tyler to your Saves list
Ranked #36 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
“Very nice and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

staff is friendly. we stayed in #104. room was clean. big room.... would stay again and recommend to anyone. I don't know why they have bad reviews. no noise at this place. No parking for big truck or fifth wheels. Location is great. Plenty food places. I have nothing to say bad about this Motel 6.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank tinker2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Centennial
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

While traveling for business, my husband and I and our dog spent a week here. The weekly rate was very reasonable and the room was more like a mini suite. It had a very comfortable king size bed, built in desk and rolling office chair, hideabed couch, table, mini fridge with freezer, microwave, bathroom with what appeared to be granite countertop. The carpeting was new and when we requested extra pillows, the ones brought to us were plump. The walls did not seem to be thin either. Those are the good points. Now on to the negative.

We actually had to stay 8 nights so, we got the weekly rate for 7 nights, but on the 8th night, after being there for a week and referring two other people working in Tyler with us as well, we got charged the full rate on the 8th night because their "computers could not give us a discounted rate". Really? The day we were to check out, the harassment started at 9:30am with the maid banging on the door not once, but twice, even though the Do Not Disturb sign was on the door. We informed her both times that we were indeed checking out that day (checkout is 11am, not 9:30am). 30 minutes later, the phone rang with the front desk asking if we were checking out, Again, we told them yes. At 10:30 am, my husband had walked some items down to the truck and I was standing in the room changing into my travel clothes when the door suddenly opened with no knocking. Thinking it was my husband, I turned around, half naked. It was the maid. So she stands there, door open looking at me saying "oh sorry. Are you leaving today?" Um, I am HALF NAKED! Seriously? She no more than closed the door and the phone rang again. The front desk. "Are you checking out today?" OMG.

It started raining about that time so we puttered in the room waiting for it to let up a bit before loading the last of the items. Just minutes after 11am, after yet another call from the front desk where they were informed that we were waiting for the rain to let up a bit before finishing loading the truck, our room door suddeny flies open again. No knock. Yes, it was the maid again. Three guesses as to what she asked us. I got up without answering her this time and slammed the door in her face and double latched it.

So, if you don't mind being harassed to vacate your room almost 2 hours early, don't mind the maid staring at your semi naked body, don't mind weak, cold coffee in the mornings and you don't mind not having any soap, shampoo or tissues supplied to you, it isn't a bad place to stay.

Room Tip: The king rooms are more like suites. Make sure to bring your own toiletries, including blow dryer, a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank AmusedMuse
LIVONIA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

It was your average Motel 6. Small, but clean. Front Desk clerk was very nice. Kids enjoyed the pool. They did have to wear a wrist band to swim, which I thought was kind of crazy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LAtwin
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Only negative was I couldn't access their wifi. Room was very comfortable. Also, there's a restaurant next door.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank flashflorida
Texarkana, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

This Motel 6 is one of their older properties but it is pretty well maintained. It even had a small swimming pool in front, which I don't find with the newer motels. The biggest reason to stay here is the price, which is very affordable, and I believe you get good value for your money. The location is fairly good, too, at the intersection of US 69 and North Loop 323. This is the closest point in Tyler to I-20, and if you are driving from Dallas you don't have to fight the traffic all the way to the south side of Tyler, which is where most of the better hotels, restaurants, and stores are located, to check into the motel. This is an advantage, especially if you are tired after a long day, and you just want to check into the motel and sleep. The northwest side of Tyler is not the best side of Tyler, but it's not a bad neighborhood right around the motel, and there are several other motels nearby. Also there is a McDonald's nearby, which is good for breakfast. Another advantage to the location is that it is easy to get to downtown Tyler from the Northwest side, and also to the hospitals on the east side of downtown, in case you are there to see the doctor, as that was the purpose of my trip. So overall I was pleased with my selection of Motel 6 in Tyler. I had a decent night's sleep, and I didn't have to pay a fortune to stay there. Also the young lady who checked me in at the office was nice and friendly, and we had a nice conversation about Amtrak, and how to ride a long distance train from nearby Mineola, TX to Los Angeles, and then on up to Oregon, which she wondered how to do if she chose to get there by train as opposed to flying there. It is always good to have someone at the front desk make you feel that you are a valued guest, and they are glad to have you, as opposed to someone who couldn't care less. As for the room and the bed, it was a bit on the spartan side, and small, but that's to be expected since the price was so affordable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

I highly recommend this hotel. The staff is wonderful they take care of any issues that may arise. I have been staying at this motel 6 for years and had not had any issues with noise. I usually come down during the weekends. The only noise i usually hear is the normal noise of a hotel. Cars pulling in to go to their room or into the restaurant next door. This hotel doesnt have the refrigerator or microwave in rooms but i didnt need those. For the price I paid this is a great hotel and very pet friendly for my cocker spaniel. I didnt even have to pay the extra charge that most motels charge for her. I highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank countrygirlcandance
DFW TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

We went to the renassiance fair and stay recently. The rooms were clean and nice considering it had not been renovated in awhile. Staff was friendly. The only thing I can say was bad was the noise. Typical college town college with college kids running making noise late hours of the night. If you stay on the side of the office not as noisy. For the price it was a nice place to stay. You do need to lock your doors.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends