“Ok for short stay”

Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Tyler
Dallas, Texas
“Ok for short stay”
Reviewed July 8, 2009

I stayed here with friends, so we had several rooms. The rooms could have been cleaner. I found stray hairs around the sink and bathtub. The hotel is just an older property so it's definately nothing fancy about it, but it served the purpose. The place was booked up the weekend I was there, but was quiet for the most part. The staff was accomodating. The beds were comfortable. Earlier posts complained about beds, maybe they've been updated. I brought my dog and he was crated, but housekeeping said they couldn't clean the room with the dog in the room.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Antonio
Reviewed March 30, 2009

Stayed here once before on a priceline "name your price" booking, so this time I used hotwire since they have La Quinta's as a 2.5 start rating, and I was booking a 3 star. Still managed to end up back here at this same old, worn out, dingy hotel. Outside stairs to second floort had loose treads, dirty paint. Emergency light outside my room was hanging off the wall, dirty bath tub caulking, old soft beds. This is a 2 star hotel at best.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelDawgSA

Travelers are raving about these Tyler hotels

Ft. Worth
Reviewed October 3, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while in Tyler for a livestock function. We stayed there for one night and it was free with the points earned from staying at other La Quinta's.

Contrary to what other posters have said, we had no problems. It was easy to find, the room was suprisingly clean, and the front desk help was very friendly. Believe me, if we had any issues with our room, front desk, or anywhere on the property, I would be posting it.

Stayed September 2008
2 Thank rottendog
chicago, il
Reviewed September 3, 2008

If you like the smell of dog urine you will love this MOTEL. This is not a resort/hotel. This is a motel which means your door to your room goes directly outside. This motel is for truckers and beer drinkers who are extremely loud at all hours of the night. I had to change rooms one night because the toilet overflowed for no reason. My 2nd room smelled just as bad as the first if not worse. This motel was booked by my company and we immediately removed it from our corporate list. Pee U!!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — dog urine smell in rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank CorporateTraveler35
New Orleans
Reviewed May 8, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for one night on our way to Dallas. The hotel was in reasonably good shape. If you've stayed at a La Quinta, you know what you get ahead of time ... free continental breakfast, wifi, coffee/microwave in room. The staff was very friendly. The room had bugs, but we had a first floor room at the back of the hotel. Overall, it wasn't bad for one night. I don't think we could stay here for a week, though ....

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank Spiral321
Texas
Reviewed March 10, 2008

The La Quinta property in Tyler, TX appears to have fallen on hard times. The exterior of this property is unkept and weather worn. The beds in the room where we stayed were perhaps some of the poorest quality mattresses that I've slept on in a name brand motel.

Quite frankly, in the last 12 months the three La Quinta properties where I've stayed were unclean and uncomfortable. I'm disappointed that this lodging chain has allowed itself to fall far behind its competitors in quality. I also find it quite ironic that in recent months La Quinta has expended more on its advertising budget than on the actual upkeep of its properties.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Papdadio
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 21, 2005

Clean, larger rooms with free wireless internet. Staff was friendly and even though they had free coffee, it was nice to walk to the Dunkin Doughnuts next door. Room and bed was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2005