“Very Nice Stay”

La Quinta Inn Tyler
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Tyler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Fairfield, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is one La Quinta that I will choose NOT to stay in again. I had a 5 night stay last week while doing some training at KLTV Channel 7. I like to stay at La Quinta because when on leisure travel, we have pets and this earns us free or discounted nights. The first night was spent in a miserably humid and hot room that actually had wet carpet (near the closet , in front of the TV and under the desk . The only reason I did not attempt to switch that evening was because it was raining and I had already unpacked thinking that the A/C just needed to run for a while to regulate. Not the case.

The next day I asked to move. The front desk young lady was apathetic at best. Not your best employee. The young man who works there is much better and has a sense of what customer service should be. I explained to the young woman that I was travelling alone and wanted a room close to the lobby. She proceeded to give me a room behind the Kettle Restaurant (that looks abandoned) up a flight of stairs that had large chunks of concrete missing and was cracked. The decision maker for me was the empty 24 pack of beer that was littered on the stairs. I refused to move to that room.

After a phone call, I was finally moved to a room above the lobby that looks like it is only used for meetings. Although they label it as a suite, there was a murphy style bed set far from a wall, no nightstands (at all) or lamps nearby and the alarm clock half a room away by a couch set. There was cement, sheet rock remnants and dead crickets all behind the head of the bed between the mattress and the wall. It was an exposed mattress on some kind of platform that was bigger than the mattress itself and a hazard to anyone in the dark at night. The first thing you looked at was the box spring.

Upon looking at my bill, I noticed that I was charged a HIGHER RATE without being asked or informed if this was OK. No, it was not o.k. and if I hadn't pre-paid my stay, I should have moved to the much nicer Fairfield Inn down the way on that very first night.

I would not recommend this La Quinta to anyone and it would do the owner some good to check out other La Quintas that are doing it right, I have stayed in many of them over the last year. I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn Tyler down the way and it or another hotel chain will get my frequent business next time I'm in Tyler.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Livingston, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

like most of older ones , clean ,quiet and well managed. checkin was fast with no problems. When we returned on staurday and turned on the tv oh oh it did not work. Called front desk with in a very shot time knock at door. After three atempts to get it working they called and asked if we would mind moving thee doors doww to simuler room, that sounded great. with in no time were movd and had tv going. Can not say enough about the service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a discount hotel. I get that. However, I just don't understand why they let these locations rent out a room when they are doing major repairs or upgrades to the majority of the hotel. Do they think that I want to hear them hammering or walk around their work areas? When I checked into the room, the AC cover was off of the unit and leaning against the dresser? I eventually was able to get it back on, but most hotels rooms do not come with "some assembly required". The highlights to this place is that the TVs are nicer than some other midrange hotels. This time I was put in an inner room which was quieter than my last stay. This is my last stay here while I'll look for another place in this town to stay at in the future. No workout, very slow internet, epic fail.

Room Tip: Inner rooms are quieter, but be ready to put your room together and do some minor house cleaning.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Tyler hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel is very nice--excellent online budget price. Hotel is well located for food, restaurants, shopping, etc. Decor is nicely updated and our room is very clean and well appointed. Bed is comfortable, very good quality bedspread and sheets. Carpet are clean and fresh. Bathroom is very nice. We do not have a frig or micro but there is a coffee pot, free wifi, big desk, two chairs, good lighting, ironing board, flat screen TV and free breakfast. We definitely recommend this hotel and will return on our next visit.

Room Tip: For guests with cars ask for ground floor room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We have always had excellent service at LaQuinta. We love the comfortable beds and the cleanliness. We have never had a problem with noise or any disturbances at this La Quinta. Love the beds! We like the fact that there is a restaurant on location and other choices nearby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Beaumont, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stay here almost every month. Though the hotel is old it is kept up well and the people are great. I initially chose this hotel because it is near my job site. I've stayed in other hotels in the area but I keep coming back here. The bed is big and comfortable and I always get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business