“DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013

If you're looking for a cozy date spot...this is it! Date 3 was great! Dinner by candle light. The hostess was very attentive as was the wait staff. Our server was very knowledgable in regards to the wine pairing and the menu. My food was very tasy (cheese stuffed tortellani), so tasty in fact, that my date kept wanting to sample it. He enjoyed some type of penne pasta with Vodka sauce and crab that was topped with a " DOLLUP" of cavier. He raved about the sauce. The tuxedo cake for desert was to die for! I look forward to dining here again!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had reservations last night, was told there would be a 10 minute delay due to the rain. An hour later we were just starting to get seated. Sat in the bar at a table with a glass of wine ($11 for house Merlot) until the owner took the table from us. Said he would replace it, but never saw him again. The bartender was also very rude. Finally walked out after an hour wait. Went to Clear Springs who comped us with an appetizer just because we had had such a bad experience at Bernard's. Some managers care how their customers are treated and some do not. Also, pricing on their website is not what you will find on their menu at the restaurant. $3 to $5 higher on most items. This was a birthday dinner, won't forget this birthday.

9  Thank Martha S
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have been here twice. The first time, the food was just above average, the last time the food was below average. I will have to say for the cost, its probably not worth it. I had a rib-eye steak and my wife had the sea bass. The steak was tough and hard to chew. Way too much fat around it. There are no optional sides. You get what they give you. My wife's sea bass was the only plus. We had to ask for more sauce, because they gave her so little. But its hard to go wrong with sea bass. I may give them another chance in the future, but not for a steak.

Because of the beautiful atmosphere, I will give them an average rating. The steak needs improvement, and they need more side options.

3  Thank Kevin H
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We loved the food! Service was great! Can't wait for a reason to drive to East Texas; we will definitely eat here again!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food was a little heavy, more like 1990s cooking. They provide you an opportunity to try various wines if you choose, but the wines were overall average.

3  Thank danjaxson