“Good food, great value”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed December 20, 2012

There is no host/hostess, so open seating is available. The prices and food were both good (large portions were too large for most of the party at my table). The waiter was friendly and efficient.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I eat here as often as we can. Authentic atmosphere and food and the frozen Margaritas are good too..

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My group of Spanish Club members and I went to eat at Don Juan's last week.
Unfortunately it was an incredibly unpleasant experience for all of us due to the owner's rudeness as well as a complete disregard for customer service on the part of a waitress.

We had called for a reservation (15+ people) and they had it ready when we got there. However, more people showed up than we expected. The owner suggested we go to the other Don Juan's because it'd be easier, but we already were there and weren't about to move. Okay no big deal.

Then, the owner tells me two of my students are wasting a table and needed to move.
Then I find out two OTHER students were forced to sit in the same table as a couple that was NOT EVEN WITH OUR GROUP.
A student asked for help and a waitress said "I am not your waitress" and walked off.
We were treated like we were an inconvenience when in reality we were BRINGING BUSINESS.

To make matters worse our club president's mom called to complain about the service.
The owner (it was an elderly man and the same man that had spoken to me in person)
was rude, interrupted the mom several times, raised his voice and yelled claiming we never made reservations (which was a complete lie) and complained about us rather than apologizing.
Needless to say, they will NEVER get our business (REL Spanish Club) and I am sure Margarita's, Chuy's, El Lugar, and other amazing restaurants will be more than happy to serve us - at least they have sense and appreciate 20 people coming in to eat at their location.

If you ever come here, the food may be good, but I feel sorry for you if you come across such unpleasant, rude, disrespectful man as the owner.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I go here almost every week, sometimes more than once. It is convenient to work, but mostly it's a reliable favorite.

The food is not typical tex-mex, but more authentic interior Mexican. Be a little adventurous, and you may be pleased. Or be more adventurous, especially on a Thursday when it's the special, and get the sopa de mariscos. It's a seafood soup, with shrimp, crab, and octopus. Has a little spice to it, and it's a welcome change of pace.

My favorite, though, are the enchilada enmoladas, or mole enchiladas (that's mole sauce with an accent over the "e," not made of the animal). Its a dark smoky sauce that is unlike typical Mexican. Not for everyone, but it's tasty.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

the best REAL mexican food, not greassy like other places,best rice i have ever tasted!!! and the price is good i could go there everyday!!!

Been to Don Juan? Share your experiences!