“Good food but very overpriced”
Review of Posados

Posados
Ranked #53 of 383 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Been here many times but have basically quit going. Simply too expensive. I think you are paying a lot for the decor. 2 enchiladas, rice and beans should not be over $10.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were very impressed with this restaurant after being recommended by the desk clerk. Best tortilla soup I have ever had. I ordered a dozen fresh tortillas to take home and they came to the table wrapped and still hot. We were not charged for the tortillas (my husband ate 4 brought to the table in addition to the dozen). He had a desert (also not on the bill) and apparently there are free ice cream cones on your way out. True, you can get cheaper Mexican, but you get what you pay for. I would highly recommend this restaurant and will return if every in Tyler again.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very good. I had the beef fajitas and my wife had the enchilada plate. Nothing really out of the ordinary as I'm from south Texas but I was a little surprised the condiment called "Pico de Gallo" wasn't complete. It was missing chopped onion. I didn't ask but maybe they ran out. At any rate, you won't be disappointed eating here and the portions are huge.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Ate here on a Friday night, they were busy but we were seated promptly. Our waiter came right there and was very attentive during our meal. Our food was okay, hot and fresh. Cannot say enough about how good the service was....

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I could seriously eat my weight in the fresh tortillas here! I think its kind of a Tyler thing, but liquid butter is on each table just for the tortillas and sopapillas. Yum! Salsa is also great--not too spicy, with great tomato flavor. The fajitas come with hot garlic butter. Amazing! Best place in town! Important to note that Mercados and Pasados are related and the food and menu are the same (same family, I think). Pasados is a chain, though, but I don't believe that Mercados is.