“Will be going back.”

Daniel Boone's
Ranked #37 of 364 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Murchison, Texas
“Will be going back.”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Yesterday was my first time to eat here. I had the smaller chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, turnip greens and the free chili beans. I could cut the CFS with my fork. It was well seasoned as were the turnip greens with bacon pieces. I loved the mashed potatoes and cream gravy. I just wished that I had gotten the pinto beans instead. The chili beans were alittle thick and tomato-ey. But overall this is a very good place. The service was excellent, friendly and kept our tea glasses filled. Didn't have room for the ice cream but will save room next visit, after all, being too full for Blue Bell is a sad thing.

• Visited December 2013

Henderson, Texas
“Hamburger special marginal”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit here. To be fair, the place was pretty full at lunch time and everyone else seemed to be satisfied. I ordered the hamburger special (1/4-lb patty) and upgraded to onion rings. The burger was very non-descript; the one slice of tomato was so thin you could have read a newspaper through it. The onion rings were served almost cold; they were doughy and pretty tasteless. And there were only 5...

This might be a place to try for a proper meal and not just a burger but you couldn't prove it by my visit. Did I mention the dining room temperature was a little chilly for me...?

Visited October 2013
Bullard, Texas
“Down Homecooking,Great Service Good Prices”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had Lunch yesterday with a group from our Church at Daniel Boone's. We had a group of 13 and they treated us very well. Service was fast, food was great and prices were good. And they serve you with a smile on their face. The Pinto Beans and Chili Beans come with every meal and the serve your self Bluebell Icecream Bar was very nice. Manager Michelle is a real Sweetheart. She will make sure you are taken care of.

• Visited October 2013
Palestine, Texas
“i”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Pretty good place to get a burger, but the wait staff really wasn't very friendly. I had heard it was good food with free blue bell ice cream so we decided to give it try. Probably will go back, but only if I am on that side of town.

• Visited June 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Texas Comfort Food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were recently in town for a family get together and found this place in the phone book. We checked it out on several sites and decided to try it. It was very good and there was something for everyone and for all ages. Everyone liked it so much we returned for lunch a couple days later with even a larger crowd. The wait staff was friendly and helpful...did not complain about multiple separate checks and was able to smile and please even the grumpiest person and the pickiest eaters.

The chicken fried steak and fried catfish were given big thumbs up by everyone that tried them. The steaks were cooked to perfection. The grilled catfish was even approved. There were no complaints on the self-serve pinto beans (ranch or plain) or self-serve Blue Bell ice cream which had many flavor selections.

The diningrooms were full both times but were not overly noisy, even with kids. The tables were not crowded. Plenty of free parking.

• Visited May 2013