“Great Texas Comfort Food”
Review of Daniel Boone's

Daniel Boone's
Ranked #29 of 387 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were recently in town for a family get together and found this place in the phone book. We checked it out on several sites and decided to try it. It was very good and there was something for everyone and for all ages. Everyone liked it so much we returned for lunch a couple days later with even a larger crowd. The wait staff was friendly and helpful...did not complain about multiple separate checks and was able to smile and please even the grumpiest person and the pickiest eaters.

The chicken fried steak and fried catfish were given big thumbs up by everyone that tried them. The steaks were cooked to perfection. The grilled catfish was even approved. There were no complaints on the self-serve pinto beans (ranch or plain) or self-serve Blue Bell ice cream which had many flavor selections.

The diningrooms were full both times but were not overly noisy, even with kids. The tables were not crowded. Plenty of free parking.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Was visiting family in Tyler and decided to drop in. Pro's-fast seating and wi-fi. It goes down pretty fast from there. For some strange reason I ordered the frito pie. Big mistake! The chili wasn't good and I'm certain the corn chips were not Fritos. I decided to stop by the store after I left here to buy some real Fritos just to get the taste out of my mouth. Tyler has much more to offer than Daniel Boone's.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My daughter calls this the "ice cream place". You get a cup of beans and blue bell ice cream with almost every meal. This is a very low-key family atmosphere with down-home cooked meals for a very reasonable price!!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Not for those on a diet but a very good chicken fried steak or chicken fried chicken, informal and kids eat free on certain nights.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stopped for supper after a day of working outside. We sat in a booth hoping that it would be a little more comfortable on my back, but it didn't help. Quite honestly, I'm not sure there is anything good, based on our experience that I can say about this place. The waiter came up and we smelled a distinct odor of cigarette smoke. Apparently, he assumed we had been there before, telling us nothing about the beans or the all you can eat ice cream.
I ordered the chicken fried stake, as they called it, with salad and fried taters as the sides. The salad was a little lettuce with what looked like way underripe tomatoes. The fried taters was actually french fries, which were, frankly, pretty bad. The chicken fried steak was so greasy that the breading was soggy instead of crisp. The gravy over the steak was about the only thing that was decent.
The different item the wife ordered was the green beans. She said there was no seasoning and they tasted like they had just been dumped out of the can and heated.
This was probably the worst meal that we've had in any establishment in Tyler.
The only reason I can give this place the rating on value is because the prices are fairly low and there is the free ice cream is you know about it.

1  Thank boilers78

Been to Daniel Boone's? Share your experiences!