“Home away from home”

Best Western Plus Southpark Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We always stay at this Best Western in Tyler. It is close to shopping and restaurants, clean and attractive. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is great and the pool is nice too.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Melissa F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Dee M,

As always, we thank you for staying with us and are always pleased to see your name on the arrivals report. If we had a place to rate our guests you would certainly be a 10 out of 10 and we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I'd never been to Tyler before and booked a room here based on other reviews (not always a good idea). But this Best Western was an oasis in an extremely noisy section of the city --- excellent soundproofing.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Glory600
Melissa F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Glory600,

Thank you for such a great review. I am so glad that we were able to help make your first visit to Tyler a great experience. We would be happy to be a peaceful oasis for you in the future as well.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Staff always a pleasure to deal with. Accommodations and hotel always top-notch. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone in Tyler area. I travel quite a bit with my work and have stayed at a number of hotels throughout the years and know that the service and care given is well above average.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Melissa F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Dear Kevin L,

I am so pleased by your thoughtful words - thank you. Although it is impossible to accommodate every request, we always do everything in our power to ensure a wonderful stay for our guests. I am thankful that we were able to take great care of you and hope to have you with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We will stay here again. We had a large,beautifully decorated room with a comfy recliner; friendly staff, great location near several restaurants. The complimentary breakfast was not the best. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Melissa F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Claude G,

Thank you for the great review. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We had a great experience at the hotel. We don't normally stay at Best Western hotels but when we come to Tyler, this gem will remain on our list of where to stay.

The room was very clean and was one of the most comfortable we've stayed in for this class of hotel. The faux leather chairs in the double queen room were extremely comfortable. We joked about how to get them in the back if the Suburban. The furniture was nice and the rooms decor was well done.

We interacted with the staff multiple times and they went above and beyond for us, even with minor things.

The breakfast was good; about par for a continental breakfast.

The beds were comfortable but a little too firm but I'm picky. I slept well and that's all that mattered.

We are looking forward to a return trip.

Stayed: April 2014
Melissa F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear dldlcd,

I am so very happy to see how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for such a great review. I had the same thought about those chairs when they arrived - they would look great in my living room. Having replaced every matress in the hotel less thank six months ago I can see how they may be too firm for some, but I am glad you got a great night's sleep. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

The Best Western in Tyler, TX was clean and comfortable and was a good deal for the price we paid. It is located close to a park with a nice walking or running trail. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast choices were good.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Melissa F, General Manager at Best Western Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Audrey S,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad you made use of the Rose Rudman trail as it is truly lovely this time of year. As anyone who has worked in food service will tell you, food truly is "a matter of taste" and I am equally happy to see that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings.

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

The room accomadated what we needed which was 3 beds. It needed another bathroom. Room smelled nice with all the glade plug in. The hallway reeked of smoke from the smoking rooms. Noise from people upstairs and view of parking lot. Breakfast was well, it is what it is. The hotel is your typical 2 star hotel.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Romanticgal

Dear Visalia,

I am so glad that the two bedroom suite was able to meet your needs. We have only three of that room type on property and I am sincerely sorry that yours was located on the ground floor which is a mixed floor (smoking and nonsmoking). I did check your stay date and the other two were occupied by multi-night guests so it would therefore have been impossible to put you on a different floor. I am sorry about the hallway smoke odor but am hopeful that you did not have ot spend too much time in the hall.

After reviewing the log books I was unable to find any indication that you made us aware of the noise issue. Although I cannot speak for all hotels, please never hesitate to make us aware of noise issues during your stay so that we can address them. A quick phone call can often resolve such issues.

I do hope that you will try us again in the future and I wish you safe journeys!