“Bad Night in Tyler”

Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Tyler
Warren, Texas, United States
“Bad Night in Tyler”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Tyler, Texas is a good place to visit and the Best Western Southpark Inn and uites is a very good hotel to stay in. The appearance of the hotel and room is very good; the service was excellent. The only problem was the beds, they came straight from !!!!!!. I did not sleep well my entire stay at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Melissa F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Dorris C,

I am so sorry that the new beds weren't comfortable for you. We replaced every mattress on our property over the winter months (our slow time of the year) so I have no doubt that they still have that "brand new feel" that some people do find not to their liking. I do regret that it troubled you. I am glad to see that so many other things about your stay were great though.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Center
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

In Tyler for my daughter's dance competition. The hotel is located approx. 2 blocks from the Mall, is right across the street from a Wal Greens and there are great restaurants within minutes to the hotel. Also, Wal-Mart is approx 1 mile from hotel. We had a King Suite and the most impressive thing for me was the 2 TVs. My daughter could watch Nick all day and I could surf channels. The breakfast is awesome with a great variety with hot meats, eggs, waffles, toast, biscuits, gravy, cereal, etc. Very Very nice and this is my 2nd stay at this hotel and will stay in the future when in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Dear VonBerry,

Thank you for the great review. That extra TV in the suites certainly can be useful, especially with traveling with kids. I hope she did well at the competition!
arlington, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and it was not bad. It is close to where I have to be and has all of the other amenities around it. Pretty easy to get in and out of, as far as traffic. Only complaint is that is has not improved any since the last time that I stayed there. You would have thought that at least some improvements would have been done. I didn't try to eat breakfast because fifteen people where down at the same time and there was no room. How about converting the arrival area in the mornings by putting in a couple of tables? Pretty easy answer whenever the hotel is booked. I will probably keep this as a backup hotel for next time I am out there for business. They also offer a bonus on rewards, but don't give you a card to put them on. Nice promo, right?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Melissa F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Garry W,

I do regret that we did not meet your expectations on your recent stay with us. I was a bit surprised by your comments about improvements however. We had many changes to our guest rooms in 2013 including new carpet, furniture, bedding, artwork and more. We also changed the lobby furniture, breakfast area flooring, and expanded the business center. While Best Western Plus Brand Standards prevent us from placing breakfast seating in the lobby, our breakfast area does have seating for 34. I am glad to see that you might be with us again in the future; but if not I do hope you find a property that meets your needs even if it can't be us.
San Antonio, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have stayed at this Hotel over 30 nights. I have been using this Hotel for over a year. Anytime I am traveling to Tyler, Texas, I always book my reservation with this Best Western. The fact that I have stayed here for this long should speak volumes as to how GREAT this Hotel and the Staff are. However, I have learned that there are some people that will find just about anything to "complain" about - including a COMPLIMENTARY breakfast! Seriously!! It's FREE for goodness sakes! And it is DELICIOUS!! But if you are not satisfied, feel free to go elsewhere and get the SAME food and pay over $15.00 for it - bon appetite!!! As far as animals - yes, there are some people that travel with their pets, so let me say that at NO TIME have I ever heard barking, or seen any "doggy mess" ANYWHERE! That includes the grounds outside!! The owners have taken responsibility for their pets and I applaud them!! The fact that this is a "pet friendly" Hotel is a CREDIT to the Staff members at this Hotel!! Personally, I feel better around people who do love animals - it shows compassion and understanding for the people who love their animals and want their animals to accompany them on trips. I am HONORED to stay at this Best Western - I hope you don't change a thing because you "set the bar very high" and are a CREDIT to the city of Tyler, Texas!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Tricia M,

Like your reviews, you always bring a smile to my face when I see that you are with us again. True, no hotel can be "one-size-fits-all" but it is such a joy when a great hotel and a great guest make that "perfect fit" connection. I am thankful that we can be that for you, and you for us.
Chandler, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is a comfortable and relaxed place to stay. I've stayed here 5-6 times in the last year. All the staff have been abundantly pleasant and courteous. It appeared to have plenty of parking. The rooms were clean, we enjoyed a hot breakfast, which was included. It is close to several restaurants, gas stations, shopping, pharmacies, grocery stores, and major streets in the middle of town without being noisy or disruptive. I will return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Teresa B,

I am so glad to see that we are taking great care of you when you come to Tyler. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our great staff and convenient location. Hope to see you on your next visit.
Magnolia, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed here based on TripAdvisor reviews and were not disappointed in the least. The hotel was spotless as were our rooms. Clean, clean bathroom, comfy bed, and good temperature control. My room was very quiet, and I got a great night's sleep. I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast, but I noted the area was very clean and the food was replenished promptly.

Our rooms were on the third floor, a non-smoking floor. Our wing smelled fresh but at the other end we could smell smoke in the hall (from the other floors?), so ask for a lower numbered 300 room. Entry and exit from the hotel was easy, the parking lot was well-lighted, and there is a Walgreen's across the street. Restaurants and shopping are nearby. The hotel was in a safe, quiet area of town.

Our only complaint was our check-in experience. The gentleman on duty was talking on the telephone, didn't acknowledge us when we came in, and made us wait quite a bit until he was finished talking before he made eye contact.

This hotel is a great value for the money, and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a lower 300 number if you are a nonsmoker.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Melissa F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Southpark Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Perkypaws,

Thank you so very much for the great review and I am so glad that we didn't disappoint your expectations. I am sorry to read about your check-in experience. Although some calls can be quite involved (expecially when giving directions and the like) we should always try to acknowlegde anyone who approaches the desk even if we are involved with another guest (either in person or on the phone). I will review this with our staff.
Ponca City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I had the most comfortable stay at this hotel. With being away from home on business I really want a comfortable room to stay while away. The location of the hotel is very close to my work making it very convenient.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Charles R,

So happy to see you with us again and I am also happy to see that you enjoyed this stay as much as the last one. We do work hard at being the best we can be and we do it all for great guests like you. Thank you so much for being with us.