“Very pleased”

Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Cambridge
“Very pleased”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have stayed in many places in the USA and I was truly a little unsure of the property......when I showed up I was greeted by a very pleasant lady at the front desk and the check in process was very smooth. I was given a room on the second floor and she had offered to help me with my bags "no elevator". I got to my room and I was very pleasantly surprised on how nice it was!!! Very clean....which is first and foremost the biggest concern for most people, bathroom looked to have all new fixtures, and room had new flooring, flat screen TV, fridge and microwave, coffee maker, ironing board and iron, I particularly like a firm mattress and I must say that this mattress was a lot better than some of the higher end resorts that I have stayed in. Breakfast was served at 7am-10am and yes I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Elkhart
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here for a little get away. We wanted a room with a jacuzzi. I was surprised at how clean everything was. The room was larger than most hotel rooms. The manager was a great help with the reservation. Everyone there was so nice. I will be back!!

Room Tip: The jacuzzi was great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nacogdoches, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Over Spring Break my daughter and I checked in for a few days so we could visit with my parents who live in Tyler. I must say I was really impressed. They honored the online price, the room was clean, the staff was very friendly. Tyler's best kept secret...great hotel at a great price. We will definitely be staying again this summer!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is clean and comfortable. Nice size room and friendly staff. Beds where very nice and room was really clean . No flat screen tv however the tv was in good shape . The only down fall was a burn in the blanket . And all was overall good the room painted in a light green, and ceiling had been painted with clouds on them , which was a big surprise..but vaule for my dollar and being clean and comfortable I would stay here again .. good job Jerry !

• Stayed March 2013
Houston
Reviewed September 17, 2012

A buddy and I were in Tyler for a recent USTA Sectionals event where all of the USTA sponsored hotels were booked and/or were otherwise charging exceptionally high rates for what 'special' rooms they had left. Tripadvisor to the rescue... -again... Using Tripadvisor I found the Windsor Inn and Suites with exceptionally good reviews and fair room rates, so I decided to give them a try. I'm glad we did. Most of the recent reviews were spot on. This place is very clean, and the owner/manager, Jerry, went out of his way to provide exceptional customer service by providing us an early check in, recommendations on where to eat and even faxing an urgent business document for my roomie for free. Yes, the free breakfast is nothing special, with basics like coffee, juice, cereals, oatmeal, bagels, toast etc., but for a quick carb load it was available and the eating area was clean. The pool is small, but it was clean and the water was maintained (actually saw the pool guy while I was there). All room amenities worked (AC was nice and quiet). Like other reviews, a small, almost insignificant ding for not having fitted sheets, but really was not a big deal for me. I didn't go to confirm it, but at the back of the hotel there appeared to be a covered area with a picnic table and a barbeque grill. Maybe cooking is not your first choice when travelling, but for some it might be a nice change of pace. Overall I'd recommend Windsor Inn and Suites, Tyler without a single hesitation. I know it isn't magic on how a Hotel business should be run, but Hats off to Jerry and his crew for knowing the obvious and doing it right.

Room Tip: Contact hotel directly for best room rates.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

We came to Tyler for a conference and the host hotels were sold out. Found the Windsor and thought there had to be a mistake in the place or price. Nice little place. The owner was great and only problem we had is that the iron didn't work. Beds were nice as well.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank finnegan9107
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We enjoyed the small pool and the breakfast. Would be great with a fruit option. Not easy to spot, between Hwy155 and Spur 364. * While in Tyler, stop by Andy's Frozen Custard for a sweet treat (about 5 miles from Windsor Inn).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family