“Former Tylerite visiting Tyler”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Over Spring Break my daughter and I checked in for a few days so we could visit with my parents who live in Tyler. I must say I was really impressed. They honored the online price, the room was clean, the staff was very friendly. Tyler's best kept secret...great hotel at a great price. We will definitely be staying again this summer!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is clean and comfortable. Nice size room and friendly staff. Beds where very nice and room was really clean . No flat screen tv however the tv was in good shape . The only down fall was a burn in the blanket . And all was overall good the room painted in a light green, and ceiling had been painted with clouds on them , which was a big surprise..but vaule for my dollar and being clean and comfortable I would stay here again .. good job Jerry !

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed September 17, 2012

A buddy and I were in Tyler for a recent USTA Sectionals event where all of the USTA sponsored hotels were booked and/or were otherwise charging exceptionally high rates for what 'special' rooms they had left. Tripadvisor to the rescue... -again... Using Tripadvisor I found the Windsor Inn and Suites with exceptionally good reviews and fair room rates, so I decided to give them a try. I'm glad we did. Most of the recent reviews were spot on. This place is very clean, and the owner/manager, Jerry, went out of his way to provide exceptional customer service by providing us an early check in, recommendations on where to eat and even faxing an urgent business document for my roomie for free. Yes, the free breakfast is nothing special, with basics like coffee, juice, cereals, oatmeal, bagels, toast etc., but for a quick carb load it was available and the eating area was clean. The pool is small, but it was clean and the water was maintained (actually saw the pool guy while I was there). All room amenities worked (AC was nice and quiet). Like other reviews, a small, almost insignificant ding for not having fitted sheets, but really was not a big deal for me. I didn't go to confirm it, but at the back of the hotel there appeared to be a covered area with a picnic table and a barbeque grill. Maybe cooking is not your first choice when travelling, but for some it might be a nice change of pace. Overall I'd recommend Windsor Inn and Suites, Tyler without a single hesitation. I know it isn't magic on how a Hotel business should be run, but Hats off to Jerry and his crew for knowing the obvious and doing it right.

Room Tip: Contact hotel directly for best room rates.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

We came to Tyler for a conference and the host hotels were sold out. Found the Windsor and thought there had to be a mistake in the place or price. Nice little place. The owner was great and only problem we had is that the iron didn't work. Beds were nice as well.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank finnegan9107
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We enjoyed the small pool and the breakfast. Would be great with a fruit option. Not easy to spot, between Hwy155 and Spur 364. * While in Tyler, stop by Andy's Frozen Custard for a sweet treat (about 5 miles from Windsor Inn).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Frida_Cu
Reviewed May 20, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Sydney B
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This Inn was my home away from home for 5 weekends. The owner provided me with the same room for every weekend. They give a AARP discount. Wired internet in every room and the wireless in the lobby can be accessed also from your room. Microwave and small fridge. A/C works great. Above average breakfast bar with those make your own waffles. This is not a chain hotel and they strive to make your stay more enjoyable, any problems were taken care of right away. (IE: Phone in room was not working correctly, the owner came down right away and checked it. Swapped in a new phone right away.) Great value here for your $$$.

If I should come to this area again I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this one to my friends or co-workers.

Room Tip: NO Bed Bugs
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business