“Always a treat!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Always a treat!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is a French restaurant, people! My husband and I love coming here! We know the owner, Mr. Sims since my husband did the a/c for the downstairs area. The atmosphere is quiet and nice. I ALWAYS have to order their blue cheese meatloaf. It's made with five different meats I think and it is delicious! And we always left the calamari appetizer. They have the best calamari in Tyler in my opinion. Love going here for our anniversary and to take my sisters-in-law out. :)

Tyler, Texas
“A hidden jewel”
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Currents is a hidden jewel. It is NOT impressive on the exterior but the food makes up for it.  Several folks have said the servers are snobbish - I don't see that. They are knowledgeable.  We had a party of 9 tonight and all food was served at the same time and all food was excellent.  We forget about Currents since it is in an
area that is not high profile. But every time  we go the food had been very good. Prices are higher thank other restaurants in Tyler but better priced than Dallas.   It is Tyler fine dining. Quiet atmosphere.

Quitman, Texas
“Oooh la la..not!”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The restaurant was small, which was okay - I suppose you could call that "quaint," and it had a picture window with a pleasant enough view of the treetops over a creek. I didn't find the decor all that fabukous or the overpriced "art" on the wall. There was one wait staff and one host for the entire restaurant, and this was at 8:00 on a Saturday night. Needless to say, the service was slow. There was a 15 year old bus boy who cleaned tables and walked throughout the restaurant with tongs holding warm bread in mid air as he delivered a roll at a time to the tables, which was kinda weird. The wine menu was way, way overpriced. I can tolerate double, but quadrupled ? Their "house wine": was merely the cheaper bottles on the menu-- one wine (6.95 at the store) was offered at 32.00. That was the cheapest. The cook staff really loves "reductions" and "figs." and the wait staff enjoyed saying those words repeatedly. Personally, I don't like a good steak smothered in fig, sauces, or cheeses. But hey -perhaps the French do - it might expain their sunny dispositions - but I digress. The entrees were pricey, but generous. A "modest" dinner for three was over $200.00. I can see paying this if I had the freaking Eiffel tower out the window, but Tyler ? It's a one stop show for me, thanks.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank unsungstar52
Tyler, Texas
“French”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Super for when you want to splurge or treat yourself. Elegant and inviting. Excellent food. A bit pricey for an average meal. But for something special, well worth the price. Service above average.

Texas
“nothing special”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

with new owners i would expect new menu but nothing ever seems to change here and the food is just not that good

2 Thank steelerfan5