“Great Restaurant”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Florida
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of having drinks and dinner at Villa Montez recently in Tyler, Texas.

I have eaten at this restaurant several times before over the past two years, and I can honestly say that each visit is better than the last. Our margaritas were excellent as was the guacamole dip appetizer. The dinner was also very good, and the service above standard.

I would highly recommend this restaurant for both business and leisure travelers as Villa Montez is one of the best restaurants in the entire Tyler area.

• Visited February 2013

“Wow! Tyler has it made!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Amazing food, prompt service. Knowledgable staff. My husband LOVED his steak. We always drove by and never thought to go for dinner. Only bad thing was the wait was over an hour. We did not have a reservation. Hostesses tried to seat us as fast as they could. WORTH THE WAIT. Try the Creme brûlée

“5 star food @ very good price”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I picked this restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary on weekend trip out of town. I picked a winner!

The chicken lettuce wrap appetizer was so good, we cleaned the plate dry. I had salmon and wife the margurita shrimp. Both were excellent, including original sauces. We ended by sharing one piece of chocolate cake. Piece was so large we took half back to hotel.

We will return!

Whitehouse, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a party of nine and all were delighted with the service of Tomas. The food was exceptional. I had the fish Veracruz and my husband had the surf and turf special...both were delicious!!

• Visited January 2013
Austin, Texas
“Great place, very unique building”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a great little restaurant. We were just looking for something local in Tyler but it would make a great place for a special date night or special event. It is located in an incredible old house perched up on a hill. Its a very impressive looking building. Although it looks like a 5 star restaurant from the outside the prices are very reasonable. The portions are large and the food is above average. You get salsa before the meal & many of the items are Mexican but it has other items on the menu, more of a Southwest flavor. We experienced great service.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Villa Montez? Share your experiences!