“5 star food @ very good price”
Review of Villa Montez

Villa Montez
Ranked #7 of 387 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: Latin, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I picked this restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary on weekend trip out of town. I picked a winner!

The chicken lettuce wrap appetizer was so good, we cleaned the plate dry. I had salmon and wife the margurita shrimp. Both were excellent, including original sauces. We ended by sharing one piece of chocolate cake. Piece was so large we took half back to hotel.

We will return!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had a party of nine and all were delighted with the service of Tomas. The food was exceptional. I had the fish Veracruz and my husband had the surf and turf special...both were delicious!!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a great little restaurant. We were just looking for something local in Tyler but it would make a great place for a special date night or special event. It is located in an incredible old house perched up on a hill. Its a very impressive looking building. Although it looks like a 5 star restaurant from the outside the prices are very reasonable. The portions are large and the food is above average. You get salsa before the meal & many of the items are Mexican but it has other items on the menu, more of a Southwest flavor. We experienced great service.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The ceviche....amazing. I had this soup that had coconut, and lemon grass in it. I day dream about it often. The portions are very large, so plan on taking it home. Try their margaritas, just beware they are strong but in a good way. The dessert is so good, that I don't even speak. Which is saying something. Nice place, pretty, and it is fun to watch people outside when they have gatherings there.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I love going to the Villa Montez for both the atmosphere and the food. Being set in an old mansion gives it a truly unique feel. Also, the menu goes beyond traditional Mexican food and everything I have tasted there has been great! The drinks are yummy and quite strong also! I highly recommend it.

Been to Villa Montez? Share your experiences!