“Lunch at Stanley's”

Stanley's Famous Pit Bar-B-Q
Ranked #1 of 391 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Stanley's is the oldest operating mom and pop BBQ joint in Tyler, serving up true, pit smoked BBQ for over 55 years. Come try our perfect brisket, baby back ribs, turkey, fresh sausage, and pulled pork in a fun and family friendly atmosphere! Stanley's offers some other selections such as fish tacos and even has vegetarian items. Also be sure to try our two most popular sandwiches - The Mother Clucker and Brother-in-law. We have a newly renovated, covered, and enclosed patio where you can catch live music 6 nights a week. The patio is also now equipped with a full-bar that features Texas spirits, draft beer, and a nice selection of over 70 bourbons. We take pride to produce all our barbecue and sides fresh each day, so we occasionally sell out due to heavy and unanticipated guest traffic. Call ahead if you want to make sure we have something you're looking for! We also offer catering services for your next event. See you soon! Be kind and have fun!
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We ate lunch today at Stanley's on a trip to Tyler. The food was great. There was a line when placing an order. Not a lot of tables inside, so we had to sit outside. Nice atmosphere. Glad we went and will go back if we are in the area.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was told to go to Stanley's and get the ribs. So I did.They call them "The best in Texas." I would disagree. While their dry rub is greatness, it isn't as juicy/fall off the bone as the places I hold among my personal favorites. With that said, they are a great representation on Texas BBQ and would recommend them to anyone looking for BBQ in Tyler.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Food was so good!! I would go back here again and again. I see why they have won awards. Although, I don't get the white bread served with it, but maybe that is a Texas thing. We tried the bbq chicken and the brisket. Very tasty. So was the cole slaw.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Ok, this is my favorite BBQ in Tyler. The Brother-N-Law sandwich reins supreme when it comes to BBQ sandwiches. The guys from work and I make this a regular stop. Lines can get long, but what do you expect when you are famous! If you haven't give it a try.

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten plenty of good BBQ in my lifetime, from all over the country, and Stanley's in Tyler ranks right up there with the best of them. It is all good; pulled pork, brisket, ribs, etc. They could probably come up with a better order/service area, because it is fairly crowded, but the food can't be beat.