“Godd BBQ”

Stanley's Famous Pit Bar-B-Q
Ranked #1 of 383 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Stanley's is the oldest operating mom and pop BBQ joint in Tyler, serving up true, pit smoked BBQ for over 55 years. Come try our perfect brisket, baby back ribs, turkey, fresh sausage, and pulled pork in a fun and family friendly atmosphere! Stanley's offers some other selections such as fish tacos and even has vegetarian items. Also be sure to try our two most popular sandwiches - The Mother Clucker and Brother-in-law. We have a newly renovated, covered, and enclosed patio where you can catch live music 6 nights a week. The patio is also now equipped with a full-bar that features Texas spirits, draft beer, and a nice selection of over 70 bourbons. We take pride to produce all our barbecue and sides fresh each day, so we occasionally sell out due to heavy and unanticipated guest traffic. Call ahead if you want to make sure we have something you're looking for! We also offer catering services for your next event. See you soon! Be kind and have fun!
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Food was great and so was the atmosphere!! I had the mother in law sandwich and we also had the famour ribs wich were great!

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

BBQ was great! Served on a paper lined tray... No plates... But that was cool. I ordered the chopped beef plate. It came with red-skinned potato salad, cole slaw, beans, and bread. Plenty of meat... More than enough for one. Love the sauce! Parking in front is limited but there is more around the back. They serve beer and have a full bar. Live music venue as well. Very cool outdoor seating area that has a roof and sides rolled down if it's cold. Plenty of heaters on the patio. I will be back!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I accidently stumbled on Stanleys on a trip through Tyler Texas. Wow, this has to be one of the best bbq restaurants that I have ever ate in. It is a classic bbq joint, order at the counter and it is brought to you when ready. There is inside and outside covered seating. Outside is great in the fall or spring but summer in Tyler makes this an oven midday. Great restaurant and on that I definately will go back to when in Tyler.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The reviews were a let down. Went their for lunch and totally disappointed. I had ribs which were kinda dry and my wife had the BBQ sandwich with a lot of grizzle Rib Masters is far better

2  Thank Jeff F
Reviewed February 6, 2013

On a recent business trip, we happened to pass this unique looking place and decided to stop in and try it out. We ordered ribs with all the sides (potato salad, coleslaw and beans) and took a gamble on the Texas Tacos, made with brisket, for only $1 on special. We went out to the covered deck and found a friendly bartender who told us Shiner Bock drafts were only $2. We ordered a couple and waited for our food to arrive. Minutes later we were looking at mouthwatering plates of yummy smelling food.

The first bite of Texas taco had my mouth doing a happy dance and wondering where these little jewels had been all my life. When I picked up the first rib and the meat almost fell off of it, I knew I was in for the treat of my life.

This seriously was the BEST BBQ I have ever had in my life. Ever! I love living in Denver, but this place almost made me want to move to Tyler, TX.