“If you love BBQ, this is a must”

Stanley's Famous Pit Bar-B-Q
Ranked #2 of 383 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Stanley's is the oldest operating mom and pop BBQ joint in Tyler, serving up true, pit smoked BBQ for over 55 years. Come try our perfect brisket, baby back ribs, turkey, fresh sausage, and pulled pork in a fun and family friendly atmosphere! Stanley's offers some other selections such as fish tacos and even has vegetarian items. Also be sure to try our two most popular sandwiches - The Mother Clucker and Brother-in-law. We have a newly renovated, covered, and enclosed patio where you can catch live music 6 nights a week. The patio is also now equipped with a full-bar that features Texas spirits, draft beer, and a nice selection of over 70 bourbons. We take pride to produce all our barbecue and sides fresh each day, so we occasionally sell out due to heavy and unanticipated guest traffic. Call ahead if you want to make sure we have something you're looking for! We also offer catering services for your next event. See you soon! Be kind and have fun!
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Very reasonably priced BBQ, and won best BBQ ribs in Texas two years in a row. The food lives up to the billing. Sandwiches are fantastic as well. Enjoy!

1  Thank Karl P

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Look, I love meat, and I think I know good meat, and this place has GREAT meat. My faves are the Brother-In-Law (Deluxe), the Scherove, and the best pork ribs in Texas (twice awarded). If you have friends in from out of town, and they aren't all sissified about getting some sauce on their fingers, bring them to this place and they'll think died and went to Heaven. Go see Nick and the boys and they will take real good care of you.

1  Thank CWP0823
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have been to Stanley's for breakfast twice and both times I found the food to be bland and tasteless. Adding sauce makes it a bit better but the brisket just wasn't as tasty as I have had at other local BBQ places. I had hoped they were just having a bad day on my first disappointing visit so I gave them a second chance because of all the hype. I was even more disappointed because I found the same bland and tasteless quality.

4  Thank Amy W
Reviewed October 29, 2012

On the advice of my hotel, I called to check on Sunday. Glad I did since they were closed. Showed up at 5:30 on Monday and found they close at 2! I was really looking forward to eating there but apparently dinner is not an option.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband makes the best BBQ I had ever tasted until Stanley's BBQ. I wont say it is better than my husbands but it is by far some of the best we have ever eaten. This is a place that when we travel to Tyler we will go to time and time again. Space for seating is a little tight and better get there early because when it is gone it is gone for the day.