“Delightfully Delicious..Yummmm!”

Bodacious Bar-B-Q
Ranked #114 of 383 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Just upon entering their restaurant, your olfactory nerve will instantly succomb to the overwhelming smell of impressive BBQ delightfulness. It was DELICIOUS AIR (if there is such a thing). I ordered the BBQ combo plate consisting of chopped beef and a half rack of ribs along with a side of coleslaw and pinto beans to go. It was almost torture trying to transport the meal to my destination to eat simply because the smell was so inviting. When I finally arrived and opened the container, it was very impressive. The pinto beans were made with a special saucy seasoning (they sell this seasoning in their store) and I couldn't get enough. I don't think I have ever enjoyed eating pinto beans this much in my life. The coleslaw was extremely fresh, crunchy, and proportioned correctly with the ingredients they used. The ribs, well....were fantastic. I couldn't even force myself to put the BBQ sauce they provided with the meal on the ribs. That's how delicious they were. The chopped beef was ok and I did use the sauce on it because it was a little dry. This meal was approx. $15 and was well worth it. They also offer truck parking on their lot if anyone is interested. I definitely look forward to coming back next time I am in the area.

1  Thank Dave A

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Beef is excellent, usually with a great smoky "bark" and the telltale pink smoke ring. Occasionally, but rarely, they leave a little too much fat, or the meat will be a little on the drier side, but most of the time, it is definitely at the top of the list for great taste, flavor, tenderness and smokiness, and that says a lot because as native Texans, we have eaten a lot of barbecue! Sauce is good, smoky, a little sweet, peppery and tangy. Sides are pretty good (coleslaw, potato salad, pinto beans), with the beans being the best of the three. We have also had the ribs (not the best of their meat offerings), the smoked turkey (pretty good), and the sausage (very good), but their beef (sliced is best) is certainly our favorite. Highly recommend their sliced beef.

2  Thank wgwewgwe
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My third time to eat here. Good BBQ and location is great. Right at the Northwest corner of I-20 and hwy 14. Just a few miles South of Tyler State Park

1  Thank howardmims
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Had heard great things about Bodacious Bar-B-Q in Longview for many years, so when I saw a sign for Bodacious Bar-B-Q off I-20 at Tyler, thought I would give it a try. When I asked, the young man behind the counter, told me this restaurant was part of a franchise. Not sure if it is associated with the Bodacious in Longview or not.

The atmosphere is great. Very Texas rustic with old photos and items on the wall. Enjoyed just looking around at the decorations, etc. while I waited on my order. Did not however, have long to wait, the service was very friendly & quick.

Good menu with reasonable prices. I had the chopped beef, with coleslaw & potato salad. The beef was very tender and tasty. There were two kinds of hot sause: regular and hot. There are two pans with hot/warm water in which the bottles of hot sauce are kept. That is a neat idea. I used the hot sauce and found it perfect- spicy, but not so "hot" it burned my mouth. The coleslaw was good, however, the potato salad was disappointing. It had no "zing" to it.

Overall was pleased, and prepared to eat there again when in the area. However, they need to improve the potato salad.