“First Time Here But We Will Be Back”
Review of Fish City Grill - CLOSED

Fish City Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I went to FCG for the first time tonight. Even though we live in Tyler, we had never tried this wonderful restaurant before. We were seated promptly by a very friendly hostess and our waiter was at our table almost at once to take our drink orders. My Hubby just had a draft beer but I had a great Top Shelf Margarita. Our food arrived quickly and looked delicious. I had Fried Gulf Shrimp with the Apple Cider Cole Slaw. I had never tried this type of cole slaw, but I am glad I did. It was, indeed, delicious. I had six large fried shrimp that tasted wonderful. My husband chose the Seafood platter, which included catfish, shrimp and oysters. He had the catfish and shrimp blackened and the oysters fried. All three were excellent. I tasted one of the blackened shrimp and it was spicy but delicious. Our waiter was attentive without being intrusive. The bill was around $33, a reasonable price for dinner with drinks in Tyler. We both agreed we would like to return to try some of the daily specials listed on the blackboard.

4  Thank texdem
There are newer reviews for Fish City Grill

Reviewed November 29, 2013

My family of 5 came here for dinner recently and we all loved it!! Hostess and our waiter were very friendly and gave great service. The food was wonderful! I personally recommend the clam chowder and fish tacos! We are not from the area, so I used Trip Advisor to find this place and highly recommend it. We will return, if in the area!

4  Thank jcvanna88
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have so many food allergies that it's difficult to order more than "dead chicken" or a salad when my husband and I dine. Juan (general manager) and Cara (our server) took time to review my allergy card, suggest options and reassure me about precautions the kitchen would take to prevent cross-contamination. My meal (grilled trout, wilted spinach and apple cider vinegar slaw) was heavenly; my husband asked them to modify the fried oyster special, and was accommodated without any problems. If we lived here, this would be a frequent haunt.

2  Thank Peggy B
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stopped here with friends for dinner. Everything was excellent. I had the Mac and cheese with shrimp and andouille sausage; wow! Everyone in our party enjoyed their meals. Very reasonably priced as well

1  Thank diverdude2
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try this place since I was wanting some seafood. We ordered a lunch special blackened salmon with * hatch butter - it was well cooked and flavors come together nicely. I enjoyed the jalapeño cream soup and the crab bisque (though a bit salty for my taste) -served hot. I was excited to try the oyster nachos but weren't thrilled at all with it as you could barely taste the oyster. For dessert the homemade pudding was served warm - I took a bite or two and wasn't liking it which I attributed to it maybe being served too warm. So I took it back to the hotel where we are staying and ate it then -- nope still not good so threw it away. Overall , it's a decent spot to eat and our waiter ( Solomon) was topnotch.

2  Thank jenlikestotravelNj