“always good”

On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #168 of 365 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ben Wheeler, Texas
“always good”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

i am never disappointed when i go here. the food is always spot on (especially the street tacos and brisket tacos) and you can get great drinks from the bar!!!

Visited August 2012

“Love MexicanFood but”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This seemed more like resort food. Lots of varieties, They use more fruits and veggies then most. Just not my favorite.

Tyler, Texas
“Good food if you like spicier Mexican food.”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife and I stopped here for supper one night while running errands. We hadn't eaten there since moving to Tyler. They bring chips and salsa to the table before even getting your drink order. If you aren't into pretty spicy food, make sure you get your drinks before trying any of the salsa. It would be what many places would call hot.
My wife and I both ordered the choose your own combos. She got the salad and tostado. I got the beef taco and the chicken flauta. Both came with seasoned rice and your choice of beans. She got refried and I got the black beans. The salad had cilantro in it and she doesn't like cilantro. Fortunately, it was small amounts. Next time she would know to ask that it be left off. The tostado wasn't quite what she expected although it was very good. The flauta came with a queso dipping sauce. The flauta was good, the sauce was a little warmer than I like, but still good. The ground beef in the taco was a seasoned ground beef, and there was a seasoning that I couldn't quite place. The seasoned rice was very good. I'm not s big bean fan, but the black beans weren't bad, and I'm guessing if you liked them, you would really like these. Overall, we were both stuffed when we left, but we aren't real big eaters. Based on this experience, we will probably try On the Border again, but would adjust our choices to try and find things we liked a little better.
If you have food allergies or need a gluten free diet, this is NOT the place for you. There is a warning right on the menu that warns you about these situations.

• Visited July 2012
“yummy place to eat!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Awesome food, you should try the "queso chicken" it is out of this world!!!

Visited June 2012