“Best breakfast in Tyler”
Review of The Diner

The Diner
Ranked #47 of 373 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: American
Dallas, Texas
“Best breakfast in Tyler”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a great place to have breakfast food! I love the omelets! I also at times eat the humongous Texas hot dog. It has a wide variety of options and most are pretty good.

Visited July 2013

Bullard, Texas
“Three strikes and this place is out!!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife visited "The Diner" on three occasions and were very disappointed each time. We found the restaurant through coupons sold by a local school. The first time we tried to use a coupon we found out that there was a time stipulation, it had to be after 4:00 pm. We read the fine print and sure enough it was stated. The second time we went there was a notice that the establishment changed hours and they were only open until 2:00 pm. We left, later called and were told that they would honor the coupon during their open hours. We went today and the wording on the coupon led us to believe that you buy one dinner and a drink and the second dinner and drink were free up to $8. We ate and then found out they charges us too much. When we asked to speak to the manager, he came out, was indifferent and could care less. If an establishment uses coupons to encourage people to visit, they should not have so many stipulations. In addition, I thought that the food was ok, was overpriced, and the waitress did not try to help us understand the wording on the coupon before we orders, even after we asked several questions. Three visits, three disappointments. They are done.

• Visited July 2013
Tyler, Texas
“Boring”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

There was nothing great about the food. I want to eat something that tastes better than what I can cook and this was no better.

“I like the atmosphere but the food is unimpressive.”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I like the atmosphere of the restaurant. However the food is nothing special. I would rather go to IHOP or The Egg and I.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Gohikingnow
Tyler, Texas
“Breakfast and Lunch”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Recently the restaurant has stopped the night time meal, but breakfast and lunch are delicious here. My son loves the chicken fried steak omelet! The desserts are delicious, so you'll have to go easy on the servings or share some items to save room for dessert. Attentive staff has always been friendly and helpful.

• Visited May 2012