“A delightful surprise”

Texas Best Smokehouse
Ranked #32 of 401 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a restaurant inside a Shell gas station, a travel center kind of place. They have a Sonic drive in, but eat at the Smokehouse. My husband said they were some of the best ribs he's had, and he's eaten a lot of ribs. Chicken was a little dry but had great smoky flavor. You can get fried pies and all sorts of goodies at this place. It's a fun stop. My husband keeps talking about it because he liked it so much.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We live very close to this place and have eaten here numerous times. The food is very good. But, the quality goes down as the day goes on with many of their side items. They serve them from a line, so they sit out under heat all day. Otherwise, it's great. If you are traveling, it's definitely worth a stop. There's a Sonic in the same gas station along with a very large selection of house made jerky and and snacks.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I travel to Tyler from time to time and always make this one of our first stops. The food is 100% authentic Texas BBQ and the store has a huge selection of wonderful Texas Best Smokehouse specialty gourmet items. There is something there for everyone! Look forward to going back.

1  Thank LaylaNLeroy
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Outstanding barbeque, fresh and tasty sides, clean and attractive facilities.
This is a truckstop right off the interstate, but believe me, it's not a typical truckstop.
It could easily be a destination on it's own.
Try it!

1  Thank willypete
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stopped for lunch at the Sonic at this location, but when we smelled the Texas Best Smokehouse food, we decided on barbeque. I got the chopped beef sandwich and it was delicious! I think it cost about 5.90 and worth every penny. The place was packed with people when we were there. We'd go back for sure!

Been to Texas Best Smokehouse? Share your experiences!