“I enjoyed myself”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lago del Pino

Lago del Pino
Reserve with OpenTable
Lago del Pino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 362 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come to Lago del Pino to experience all that makes Tyler’s destination restaurant an oasis in the countryside. From its spectacular private lake views and its distinctive fountain show, to its eclectic live music, relaxed fine dining, and fabulous wine list, you’ll quickly recognize all that makes dining at Lago del Pino more than just a memorable meal. Our chef prepares a variety of traditional cuisine including fine steaks, pasta, one-of-a-kind burgers, vegetarian options, and fresh seasonal vegetables and salads.Escape to the distinct atmosphere of the top-floor posh sports lounge for relaxing views and legendary drinks. Lago del Pino is anything but ordinary, so come for a relaxed brunch or lunch or celebratory dinner, but stay for the entertaining live music, and all that makes Lago del Pino a colorful experience in southern hospitality.After 9:00 p.m. on Fridays and after 10:00 p.m. on Saturdays, you must be 21 or older to be admitted into Lago del Pino or to enjoy our live music on the patio.
Longview, TX
“I enjoyed myself”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was there a couple of weeks ago with daughter and son-in-law. It was Sunday after brunch hours and because there was a football game playing in their gorgeous bar we were able to order alf price apps and reduced price mimosas. I had a pulled pork type sandwich that was delicious. My favorite item we ordered was Bacon and Bleu fries. The mac and cheese my daughter ordered was a little too Americany. Tasted like velveta was the main cheese. Son in laws hamburger was pretty good according to him. The best part was the view and the server that took good care of us.

• Visited December 2012
MelvinandJackie G, Manager at Lago del Pino, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us this review. I'm so happy you and your family dined with us. Good choice on those bacon and bleu cheese fries — they can be pretty addicting! It's a shame you thought the mac 'n cheese was a little 'too Americany'. What would you have changed about this dish? Different cheese? Something more flavorful? I'd love to get more feedback from you. I'm glad you enjoyed your food and the beautiful view. Please come back and see us soon!

Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

I'm from the Houston area and in Tyler over the holidays visiting my in-laws with my husband. I've been to a lot of nice restaurants throughout the country and this one, when it comes to overall atmosphere, is at the top. My food was also excellent....I had the red fish salad. My mom-in-law had the crab cakes as an appetizer and the shrimp and grits entree.....and cleaned her plate. Everyone else enjoyed their meals except for sis-in-law, who had the vegetable lasagna.....she said it was not enough vegetables....all I could see was spinach and pasta. Ok, now for the service....bottom of the bucket....we had to ask for everything....including clearing our table for the desserts. Lastly, we told the waiter that my husband and I as well as my in-laws were celebrating our anniversaries TODAY! He just gave us a blank look and proceeded to take our orders....not even a complimentary dessert or anything.....first time this happened! Lastly, the place was loud.....everyone's voice, including the baby crying next to us, seemed to be intensified....we had to holler at each other just to hear. Overall, I really liked the restaurant....improvement needed with service as well as something to decrease noise level!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Kat3122
Tyler, Texas
“Our new "go-to" place in Tyler!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place has to be seen to be believed. Check out the website for some photos and the history, but go look for yourself! The food is not quite up to the level of the atmosphere. There are a few really good things we've had: the filet is consistently good. The cheesesteak spring rolls are the best I've ever tasted. But some of the other dishes have been hit and miss. And the creme brûlée was truly awful: had some sort of salty aspect to it - peanuts or bacon or some such. Plan on waiting, as they don't take reservations...and call before you go (it's not easy to get to) lest the place be closed to the public on a Saturday for a wedding like the last time we went.

• Visited September 2012
MelvinandJackie G, Manager at Lago del Pino, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
I know it's been a little while since you wrote this, but thanks for the great review! We like to think of ourselves as a getaway from the hustle and bustle of the real world, so it's wonderful when customers compliment our relaxing ambiance. I'm so glad you're a fan of the filet and cheesesteak spring rolls — two of my personal favorites!

I'm sorry you think some of our other dishes are
'hit and miss', particularly the creme brûlée. We change the brûlée daily and typically don't run something salty, so this sounds unusual. I'd love to hear some more feedback from you about the dessert. Also, we will not be closed for private events in the future. Just so you know, we have completely revamped our restaurant. We've hired a new chef and will be rolling out a new menu this month. I hope you will come back and see the new and improved restaurant soon!

Granbury TX
“One of the best places ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

My mother lives outside Tyler at Hideraway Lake and my brother and sister were in town and we decided to take them to Lago del Pino for a early Birthday lunch. What a great idea. From the moment you see this beautiful place you are transported away to a incredible place.

The building is exceptionally stunning on the outside and the same on the inside. Set along a small yet beautiful lake, it all really works. The whole place was created with the idea of ambiance and paired with great food. The food was also beyond words. The staff could not have been nicer to us all.

You seldom leave a place with such high expectations met, that is the case at Lago del Pino. We were all very impressed with everything about this place. I have been fortunate to travel to over 25 countries and this ranks amongst the best of all. That is saying alot to me. Go see for your self. A true Texas styled venue. And everything is bigger in Texas. And some are better. This one is, check it out.

• Visited November 2012
I know it's been a few months since you wrote this, but wow. What an amazing review! We are so thrilled you and your family are big fans of our restaurant. It's wonderful we could 'transport' you to our little oasis! From the scenic view to our food to our attentive service, you described us perfectly. The fact that we are one of your top destinations says a lot to us! Thank you for being such a big advocate of our restaurant. We hope to see you and your family back here soon. Take care!

West Monroe, Louisiana
“Worth the Drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This restaurant is a little bit out of Tyler so you may not think to take it in. But do. It is worth it. Besides the food being very good, the setting is worth seeing. This new lodge style building is really nice and has a different feel for a Texas venue. We'd love to come back when it's warmer and sit out on one of the many patios overlooking the lake. And on the weekend evenings they even have a water fountain feature on the lake with music. The food was very good and the service superb.

Visited November 2012
I know it's been quite a while since you wrote this, but thank you so much for your review. I really appreciate you saying that we are 'worth the drive'! We like to think of ourselves as a little oasis tucked away from the real world, so we love it when guests appreciate our relaxed ambiance. We are rolling out a new menu this month and would love for you to come back and see us soon!

Melvin, General Manager

Been to Lago del Pino? Share your experiences!