“Ribs and rolls are solid”

Spring Creek Barbeque
Ranked #37 of 387 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We take advantage of the free rib plate with purchase of one whenever the coupon comes out. We enjoy it, but its not cheap. The rolls are to die for.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

this is the place my parents love to get bbq. they have great smoked turkey and ribs and they pass out wonderful hot yeast rolls all day right to your table. they also have a very friendly wait staff

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Spring Creek is not sit down – it’s kind of ‘cafeteria’ style. You select all your options and they pile it on your plate, then you pay at the end. It wasn’t busy when we were there, so the small line went pretty quickly. There were multiple meat options and lots of side choices, with several salads, Mac and cheese, and baked beans. They were very generous with the servings and were happy to pile on more if you asked. I had the pork side ribs and they were very good – tender and well seasoned, not just slathered with BBQ sauce. The corn on the cob and veggies were great, corn was sweet and the veggies were nice and firm, not soggy. My husband had the beef ribs (they looked awesome) and a loaded baked potato – it was huge! There are staff wandering around with baskets of very tasty bread, baked fresh on site.

Don’t come here if you are looking for ambiance – there isn’t any. It’s a great spot for a casual dinner, especially if you’re on a tight time schedule. Even though there is no ‘server’ taking care of you, the girls walking around with the bread were very friendly and happy to get you anything you asked for. The prices were reasonable.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

You push through a line with a tray. Loading up your plate was the job of the staff. Things were cold and not very good tasting. Lots of items extra prices. The eating area was very cold and uncomfortable. We would not return.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

The place is not what it used to be. Their ribs are dry and chewy. I found a metal wire in my ribs and told about it to the waitress and she took it and went to speak to the manager. I waited until somebody comes and apologizes or explains. After waiting for 10 minutes, I had to call the manager myself. He came and asks me what I needed. I asked him if he knew what happened 10 minutes ago. He blatantly tell me that he already knew that I found metal wire from my food. I asked if he did not care at all. Then he started apologizing. I asked him why he did not come to explain even though he knew. He said he was busy. I left the place and regretted that I did not take that wire and reported about it to the needed place. I am not going back to that place anymore!

Been to Spring Creek Barbeque? Share your experiences!