“Great place to see a show!”
Review of Liberty Hall

Liberty Hall
Ranked #17 of 40 things to do in Tyler
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in 1936 the Liberty theater was the place to be on the downtown square in Tyler, TX. It was the hub of entertainment until it closed in the mid 1980s. The City of Tyler purchased the Liberty in 2009 and rehabbed the facility. The City raised more that one million dollars in private donations to fund this stunning renovation. Our goal is to spur the revitalization of Tyler's historical downtown into an arts and entertainment district. Liberty Hall reopened in September of 2011 as a community performing arts hall that hosts classic movies, comedy, music and theater. The Hall is also available for rent to the public for events. The Liberty is once again a cornerstone of entertainment for downtown Tyler. Since our opening we have hosted such performers as: Suzy Bogguss, Asleep at the Wheel, Gary P. Nunn, Bob Schneider and Ray Wylie Hubbard. We also have live comedy shows almost monthly.
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Nice and cozy, not a bad seat in the house. I've seen several concerts and movies here and each visit has been a great experience. Great staff and interesting variety of entertainment.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Really great venue for Tyler Film Festival! The seats were comfortable and had plenty of leg room. I'm 6'4" and had no issues. The theater is relatively small and has a classic feel with a touch of modern technology. We definitely enjoyed our experience.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is a great place to go to, especially after a nice dinner on the square with the spouse (or date). Downtown Tyler has really grown and this has been a great new addition! My only complaint would be the parking, so get there early enough to find a spot and get seated. Some of my friends have complained about the limited seating, but I feel it makes the entire experience more intimate and sets it apart from just going to “the movies”. They have live entertainment some nights and you can actually rent the space out for your events. Now I just need an excuse…

1  Thank StaceyNDevo
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This Theater is my favorite thing about the Holidays! I now live in Denton but I always come back for Christmas to come see the holiday movies. Its wonderful for Dates, Family nights, or just to have fun with friends. You really feel like your are stepping back in time for a night, they have old fashion sodas in the snack area and you can take them in the movie with you. Its a cute, clean place with wonderful staff and service. But if your really wanting to see a certain movie, its always better to buy tickets in advance for example "Its a wonderful life" That will sell out faster than you can blink!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great place in downtown Tyler to see live music. My second time here was as good as the first. 300 seats assures you have a close up experience with great performers. I have seen Guy Clark and Reckless Kelly here and loved them both. Keep an eye on their calendar and make plans to attend. They also have frequent movie showings of classics as well as comedy nights. Great value, lovely place, well run. Make a night of it.

Been to Liberty Hall? Share your experiences!