“Hey welcome find in a sea of catfish”

Yamato Hibachi & Sushi
Ranked #44 of 395 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stopped in for lunch on a Monday afternoon. It wasn't very busy and I sat at the sushi bar. I ordered a bento box which came with miso soup and a ginger dressing salad. The box had three pieces of sushi and four pieces of sashimi. It also came with four slices of a California roll and a fried spring roll. The tempura came with two slices of sweet potato a broccoli crown and a onion ring and a fantastic piece of shrimp.

The service was impeccable the food was delicious and value was good.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family goes here at least 2 to 3 times a week! Frankie, one of the cooks, does a great job! Great food!

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Our favorite Habachi restaurant in Tyler. Servings are bigger, and better to boot.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband decided to treat me, his sisters and Mom to Japanese food for Mother's Day. For some of us it was a new experience. What I found is that the food was nothing out of the ordinary. A little bit over priced for the quality. The chef was great and the service was good. I have been to other Japanese/Hibachi restaurants in DFW area and they are over the top compared to this place.

Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Food was ok not great just ok. Service was good. Rice was way over cooked and breading on the sweet and sour chicken was really soggy.

Been to Yamato Hibachi & Sushi? Share your experiences!