“Above and Beyond”

Ranked #2 of 397 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Experience fine dining in the exceptional ambiance of the Restaurant at Kiepersol. Our rustic elegance is perfect for your special evening out, a great party, or just a night out of mingling at our bar and lounge. We serve only the finest foods available from USDA Prime steaks to the freshest seafood. Our wine cellar proudly displays hand-selected, world renowned wines to complement your meal. We are sure you will Experience Excellence at Kiepersol.
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came out for dinner on a last minute trip to visit family. Some friends suggested we visit this "hidden gem" out in the country.
The hostess greeted and seated us promptly. Our server Joe was with us in a minute and was very helpful and knowledgable about the house wines. They poured us a few samples to help us find exactly what we were looking for.

We had 4 courses to make sure and really experience all Kiepersol had to offer. The Duck Cigars are to die for and the Lobster Bisque was decadent and even came with a "KE" decorated on the surface. My husband had the filet(6oz) and I enjoyed the sea-bass. Let me say that being from New Orleans this fish was incredibly fresh and wonderfully complimented by the pistachio crust. My husband almost wouldn't let me try the filet as he wanted it all to himself!

For dessert, again being from New Orleans we had to order the table side Bananas Foster and it rivals the best we've ever had. Joe put on quite a spectacular show for us.

The service and food was beyond our expectations and exceeds the finest restaurants my husband and I have eaten at. We would suggest Kiepersol for anyone!

2  Thank NOLABelle64

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I absolutely loved the ambiance! This was the perfect choice for my second date! Exceptional service and food! Every staff member that we had contact with was extremely nice! Two thumbs up to the duck cigars! My date even expressed that his shrimp tasted like it came right out of the Gulf! Lol...apparently is was very fresh. He had the shrimp saute. My salmon was grilled to perfection! My steamed veggies were excellent as well. I am definately going back!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went to Kiepersol this last Saturday evening. We like the atmosphere very much and got lucky last time we went and had a very good meal, sitting at the bar. We made reservations this time for 6:30 and were seated promptly. Our waiter was at the table at 6:40. He suggested on of the house wines and I jokingly questioned the price and he said $70. I don't mind paying that for a bottle of good wine, but not sure there is a wine out of their vineyard worth $70 IMHO. We ordered another bottle of wine and got it in a reasonable amount of time. My wife ordered a margarita at 6:40. We asked about it pretty much every 10 minutes until we finally gave up and went to the bar to find it sitting on the bar at 7:15. We were offered the special for the evening and I failed to ask the price (my big mistake). My son ordered the special which was a ribeye steak. I ordered the Kiepersol Chicken dish and our wives ordered two other entrees. I have four years of French cooking lessons and cook for a hobby and my son has been a sous chef in two restaurants. We could not figure out how they could have gotten a crust on the ribeye and it be completely raw, unless they used a bakers torch. It was literally cold in the middle. One of my pieces of chicken was done and the other was so raw you could not cut it with a fork. The Ribeye was $55 ! Again, my fault for not asking. Bottom line, I would suggest you never go on one of their busy nights. We have eaten there about 5 or 6 times over the years and I have had one outstanding meal (at the bar on a quiet night), four very average meals and one that I should have sent back, but am not one to make a scene and really don't have the patience to wait. My son took the steak home and cooked it the next day and we probably won't go back. I am absolutely sure I will not recommend the place to any more of my clients.

7  Thank TylerREBroker
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and I were delighted to enjoy a meal at Kiepersol Estates restaurant last weekend. The food was fantastic, the wine tasting delicious, and the atmosphere was romantic. We enjoyed a glass of cabernet to compliment the filet mignon, which was topped with crab meat. Blue cheese mashed potatoes and asparagus were the sides. It was delicious, and our server made sure our experience was great. We're already looking forward to a return visit next year!!

2  Thank Stacey V
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We decided to go here for my birthday weekend for the first time. Living in the area, i didn't expect much from an area restaurant. The prices on the website suggested that they were proud of their menu. Tripadvisor users gave them great ratings, and all of my co-workers recommended. So I gave it a shot. I have done fine dining in many major cities, and this was right up there with the best. From the appetizer, we had the duck cigars. We had guest in town that ordered this, I wouldn't have ordered it on my own due to the usually gamey taste. It didn't taste too gamey, it was perfect! I loved it. My wife ordered the sea bass, and I ordered the rib-eye. So we split it up to do some surf and turf. Well I say split it up, but my wife didn't share much of the sea bass since it was so delicious. :) The rib-eye was great as well. The waiter, was awesome and dealt with our guest hounding him with questions not always about the menu. It was a great all around experience. I wanted to go back the next day, and probably should have! Can't wait for my next visit.

4  Thank Kevin H