“By Far the Worst Mexican food in Tyler”
Review of Gilbert's El Charro #2 - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gilbert's El Charro #2
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I have tried both locations of this restaurant and find the food to be the worst Mexican food I have experienced in the state. The only reason I can figure out that it is still open is that it seems to be a Tyler tradition. This location is especially bad, but they both serve flavorless food. My husband and I decided to try this one just to see. We were so angry at ourselves for wasting our time and money! In a town full of yummy Mexican restaurants I highly recommend you steer clear of this one.

1  Thank GringaLoca_TX

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were disappointed with the food. Everything we ordered tasted like it came from a can. The enchiladas and tamales we received looked and tasted like a Saltino"s frozen dinner. I would not recommend.

1  Thank Motors73065
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My entire family is from the Tyler area, so I've been to El Charro's too many times to count.
The cheese enchiladas are excellent. Their guacamole is fresh and simple, as is the salsa.
My sister loves to get the chicken fried steak - many people do say it's the best.
The service is always good.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The food was good and the prices reasonable. The tamales were my favorite. The wait staff was professional and friendly.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Really good food but just not as good as No. 1 No Margaritas or beer. Newer and nicer then number 1 but not as authentic.