All reviews scrapbook retreat watching movies my favorite place stayed here craft quarters cartridge
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Love this beautifully restored & lavishly appointed home! I will definitely be back soon!

I've stayed here twice with a close friend and both times we had a fantastic weekend full of laughs! Excellent location and very comfortable accomodations. Relaxing, watching movies, listening to music & cropping until the wee hours...going to town (less than 5 miles away) for supply runs or to grab lunch, maybe a little shopping...our whole experience (both trips) has been enjoyable.

We arrived late on Thursday night. There were no lights on inside or outside, which was quite scary for two young women alone. Nobody else arrived that night, so I must admit we were kind of spooked, but that only seemed to add to our overall fun really. The only real drawback to either of our visits lies in putting this many women in one place: it is difficult to know how a bunch of strangers will get along.

The property is gorgeous! Even though you're in a neighborhood, you feel like you're staying at an old historic hotel (which I love to do!) with the comforts of home...

Kitchen is perfectly equipped and we enjoyed several meals made as groups. They do keep the refrigerator stocked with different kinds of sodas & bottled water. The first night there was a pretty big variety of single serve snacks: chips, cracker packs, cookies & some candy. Seemed like the next day everybody arrived and stashed snacks away. I'm not sure if that happened, but they sure disappeared fast! Be sure you bring a couple of your own favorite snacks too, just in case. Oh! If you order pizza, do so via internet or phone app...they try to charge very high when they know you're staying at a hotel!

Even though there is only one community bathroom downstairs, there was never anybody waiting to use the bathroom. Each room has it's own bathroom, ours was nice (Miss America's Boudoir) but the only other we saw was The First Lady's Quarters. All of the rooms were very nice & well decorated. We loved being able to watch movies while lounging on the comfy couches in the den upstairs, after we had spent all day working on scrapbooking or catch the football playoff games on Saturday as we took a break.

They have a great selection of dvd's & music...workspace is well equipped, separated into groups according to the rooms. The large front room is for 12 people and the smaller workroom is for 6 people...assumingly for the room for 6 guests (which also has access to the back deck upstairs). Being in a large room with a sound system & wide selection of movies can offend and/or irritate your housemates. Some people prefer a more quiet work area or may be offended by certain movies or tv shows.

My advice: try to be sensitive to those around you. We found out later that even in the large group staying together, people were upset by one member playing music too loud. During each of our two stays, others in the house were offended by language or content in some of the movies or cable tv shows my friend & I were watching (United States of Tara, Sex & the City, etc) or irritated that we were watching "kid movies" when we had on Gnomeo & Juliet when they arrived...you just never know who you will be staying with you & it can be awkward when any differences may arise.

Also, we did not pay for the gourmet chef to cater either of our retreat weekends.

I strongly encourage any retreat groups who may be considering this property, give them a chance, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends