“Nice place”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The rooms were fairly spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. I liked that you got a firm and a soft pillow for each person. The bathroom was nice, although a bathroom fan would be a plus.

The breakfast was very good, loved the pancake maker!

The pool and pool area were fairly small and there were not enough lounge chairs or towels, but it still served its purpose.

My two complaints, room service forgot me one day and when I called the front desk they made me come down and get fresh towels rather than them bring the towels to me. Hmmm seems backwards! The second was that I saw a rat in the parking lot after checkout (luckily it was after checkout because it would have freeked me out had it been during my stay).

Overall I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank dcaiani
HIE North Tyler E, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

dcaiani

Thank you so much for the review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to be a a welcoming hotel with a wonderful staff. We are going through renovations soon and will be taking all feedback into consideration, a bathroom fan is a lovely idea to add to that for circulation. We will be updating the pool area as well as most of the hotel. We apologize about having to come get your towels, we are not a full service hotel so sometimes it is hard to leave the front desk if there is someone there, next time just ask them to bring them to you as soon as they get a chance and usually won't be a problem at all. Sorry you saw one of the pesky critters that lives outside, the hotel is by some wooded area so those guys do live around the woods, but we assure you they are not in the hotel. We hope you will come see us again and we really appreciate all the lovely feedback. Have a great day!

All my best,
Josh Carpenter @ Holiday Inn Express North

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Had reserved 2 rooms with 2 queen beds, when we got there the only had kings left so we had to get roll away. Really needs update, furniture very worn, beds were lumpy, cracks in sinks. For the price paid and staying at Holiday inn express a lot this one is rough.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Robert S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

The lady who checked us in this great. My room was good size, fairly comfortable. The only complaint about the room was the arms of the desk chair had their outer covering worn completely out. But the exercise room was a joke. It looks like you could hurt yourself easier on the equipment there than exercise.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
brendarichardsonhie, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2015

Brenda, S
Guest Relations @HIE Tyler North

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We drove 2 and a half hours to watch our high school football team play in Tyler. We decided to stay the night after we heard Lindale was having a Fall Festival. Walked in and had my room key in record time. The room temp. Was set at 74. The wife slept like a baby and almost missed the good breakfast. Room had a 50 inch HDTV, memory foam mattress and the different firmness pillows. Place was quite and clean

Room Tip: stayed on top floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hevin M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear mjkfarm,
We really appreciate you staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Tyler North. We are very glad you enjoyed our hotel and hope to see you again very soon! : )

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I travel to different parts of the country on a weekly basis and mostly stay at Holiday Inn Express. I have come to rely on a generally pleasant and comfortable stay. Every once in a while one stands out above the others. This Holiday Inn is one of those. The room was large and comfortable with lots of lighting which makes doing daily reports that much easier. The bed had a new memory foam mattress which gave me a whole new experience in sleep comfort. The complimentary breakfast that Holiday Inn provides is always a welcome bonus. They could have had a larger selection of muffins but who is complaining? The thing that made this stay special had a lot to do with the staff who were all terrific. A young man by the name of Nevin was the desk manager on a few of the nights I stayed at the hotel. He was thoroughly helpful and charming and it would be really nice if more hotel employees were as professional as this young man. I would certainly stay here again and recommend this Holiday Inn Express highly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear ottovanv,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Tyler North. We appreciate the compliments on our staff. We take pride in striving for 110% customer service. We hope you will come stay with us again soon. : )

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The room was immaculate (priority # 1). Furthermore, the room we had (a suite) had a 50" HDTV! I've never seen such a large TV in a hotel... The mattress was a memory foam mattress, and my wife said she loved the pillows. The bathroom is a bit outdated and lacks the granite counters that you might have come to expect from other Holiday Inns, but again, I'd rather have an immaculate room with a 50" TV and memory foam mattress than an updated room lacking in any of the aforementioned items.

Staff is friendly, breakfast was plentiful, and seating was adequate (sometimes an issue with other hotels). Parking lot is well lit and secure. Staff gave a great recommendation for dinner (Mercado's). I would definitely consider staying here again. Despite the lack of updates, this is an excellent value.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Adoniram,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Tyler North. We want to stand out over our competitors and have used the Large Flat Screen TV's and New Memory Foam Mattresses as the first step to succeed in that. We are in the plans to do more updating this spring to include the bathrooms and hope you will come stay with us again soon. : )

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Sister and I stayed here recently as it was close to medical facility where she was having a procedure. The hotel was clean and rooms a nice size. Check in was easy enough but upon check out there was no one to be found just a sign saying they'd be back. We didn't make breakfast so won't comment there. The bed was very comfortable and I slept find although sister didn't sleep at all because of nearby train sounds. The bathroom had the very bare necessities of soap, shampoo and conditioner and a coffee maker. There was also a small fridge in the room which was nice to keep our drinks in. All in all I probably would choose a different location next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Illusionsphotog,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is delightful to know that our rooms were of comfort for your needs. However, I am sorry that the noise levels were a dissatisfaction and also my apologies that your check out experience was sub standard. We appreciate your feedback and your business. We will use your comments to enhance our efforts.

Pam G