“Enjoyed the restful night”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Texas
“Enjoyed the restful night”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We drove 2 and a half hours to watch our high school football team play in Tyler. We decided to stay the night after we heard Lindale was having a Fall Festival. Walked in and had my room key in record time. The room temp. Was set at 74. The wife slept like a baby and almost missed the good breakfast. Room had a 50 inch HDTV, memory foam mattress and the different firmness pillows. Place was quite and clean

Room Tip: stayed on top floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hevin M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear mjkfarm,
We really appreciate you staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Tyler North. We are very glad you enjoyed our hotel and hope to see you again very soon! : )

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Concord, California
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I travel to different parts of the country on a weekly basis and mostly stay at Holiday Inn Express. I have come to rely on a generally pleasant and comfortable stay. Every once in a while one stands out above the others. This Holiday Inn is one of those. The room was large and comfortable with lots of lighting which makes doing daily reports that much easier. The bed had a new memory foam mattress which gave me a whole new experience in sleep comfort. The complimentary breakfast that Holiday Inn provides is always a welcome bonus. They could have had a larger selection of muffins but who is complaining? The thing that made this stay special had a lot to do with the staff who were all terrific. A young man by the name of Nevin was the desk manager on a few of the nights I stayed at the hotel. He was thoroughly helpful and charming and it would be really nice if more hotel employees were as professional as this young man. I would certainly stay here again and recommend this Holiday Inn Express highly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear ottovanv,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Holiday Inn Express Tyler North. We appreciate the compliments on our staff. We take pride in striving for 110% customer service. We hope you will come stay with us again soon. : )
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The room was immaculate (priority # 1). Furthermore, the room we had (a suite) had a 50" HDTV! I've never seen such a large TV in a hotel... The mattress was a memory foam mattress, and my wife said she loved the pillows. The bathroom is a bit outdated and lacks the granite counters that you might have come to expect from other Holiday Inns, but again, I'd rather have an immaculate room with a 50" TV and memory foam mattress than an updated room lacking in any of the aforementioned items.

Staff is friendly, breakfast was plentiful, and seating was adequate (sometimes an issue with other hotels). Parking lot is well lit and secure. Staff gave a great recommendation for dinner (Mercado's). I would definitely consider staying here again. Despite the lack of updates, this is an excellent value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Adoniram,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Holiday Inn Express Tyler North. We want to stand out over our competitors and have used the Large Flat Screen TV's and New Memory Foam Mattresses as the first step to succeed in that. We are in the plans to do more updating this spring to include the bathrooms and hope you will come stay with us again soon. : )
Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Sister and I stayed here recently as it was close to medical facility where she was having a procedure. The hotel was clean and rooms a nice size. Check in was easy enough but upon check out there was no one to be found just a sign saying they'd be back. We didn't make breakfast so won't comment there. The bed was very comfortable and I slept find although sister didn't sleep at all because of nearby train sounds. The bathroom had the very bare necessities of soap, shampoo and conditioner and a coffee maker. There was also a small fridge in the room which was nice to keep our drinks in. All in all I probably would choose a different location next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Illusionsphotog,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is delightful to know that our rooms were of comfort for your needs. However, I am sorry that the noise levels were a dissatisfaction and also my apologies that your check out experience was sub standard. We appreciate your feedback and your business. We will use your comments to enhance our efforts.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Best of the rest...i usually stay where the choice is close to where i will be working and in a somewhat clean and safe area of town. Nothing really 'special' here, but good for the stay. Decent location and the hotel was above average for the Holiday inn Express types. Friendly staff and the rooms were good. My stay was for 5 nights. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
brendarichardsonhie, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2015
MR. JSLOAN_MMC,

Thank you so much for your review on our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed your stay with us. We value your feedback and hope that you will visit us again.

Brenda, S
Guest Relations @HIE Tyler North
Jackson, Missouri
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this property for a few years in a row so I booked it again for my vacation. When I showed up I was told my dog would not be allowed in (even after I called to confirm that it would be allowed to). Then I made arrangements for the dog to stay at a friends in town. When I came back they had cancelled my reservation. They made no effort to fix this and I ended up having to cancel my vacation and head home.

I stay at holiday inns whenever I can( I travel 36 weeks a year and am a platinum member) but this has put a bad taste in my mouth. Wish they would make it right.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Matt J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Matt J,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Member and writing us a review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am sincerely sorry that you were disappointed with this particular visit due to the service received from our staff. Rest assured that this issue will be forwarded to the appropriate departments so that they can continuously improve on their efforts.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Tyler hotels

Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Business traveler stayed overnight. Despite mixed reviews on Trip Advisor I decided to take a chance due to its good location for my needs. It is clean, quiet, beds comfortable, a/c quiet and efficient, reasonably-priced. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Blythe_Spirit5510
Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we may continue to improve our services to better accommodate you. We do hope to see you back in the future.

Brenda, S