“For price, should be better”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Tyler
“For price, should be better”
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on points, but looked at price for stay, it seems it would have been nicer than it was. I've stayed at nicer holiday inns. I'll try the other holiday inns if instay in town next time. Didn't seem employees took pride in this holday inn. Little things we noticed, may not be a deal breaker for some. Floors in elevator and hallways were dirty. When we first walked in we noticed a smell. We think it was bug spray. The entrance seemed dark and cold. Room was ok, nothing special. Had a huge lcd tv, should have used the money from the tv's to better update rooms. In bathroom, You could see where tiles had tried to be replaced bad work. Not sure what schedule front desk had , but the same guy had been at the front desk from the afternoon we checked in until the next afternoon when we checked out. He looked exhausted. He was very nice and tried to help us when we can
It is on the north side of tyler and there were others placed to stay. La quinta or super 8 may be better at the same price.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Abel02
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Abel02,

We appreciate your candid feedback about your stay with us. I would like to thank you, also, for being Priority Club members and for spending your rewards nights with us. We are pleased you liked our room amenities as well as the service from our helpful front desk. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. We will definitely utilize your comments to improve our services for future guest.

I do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pasadena, Texas
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This hotel was the worst Holiday Inn we have ever stayed in. A 1970's Motel 6 would put it to shame. They should be embarrassed to axcept more than a one star ranking.
As part of a Christmas gift to my wife, I promised her a weekend at Canton Days. We've always stayed in a Holiday Inn Express where ever we go so I got a reservation to the one nearest to Canton. The weekend was great except for this so called "Hotel".
To start off, the T.V. would not work for the 1st hour we were there. I called the front desk and they told me to be patient because some of the T.V.s didn't always work. One reason we stay at Holiday Inn Express is that we always enjoyed the softness of the bed. Not in this one. It was as hard as a rock. Consequently, we did not have a good night sleep either night. The A/C would not get any cooler than 78 and make loud sounds all night. None of the ice machines worked on all three floors, but the desk person had the nerve to tell me to walk to all of the floors and see if any would work. I shouldn't have to do this. The soft drink machines took my money, but I never got anything out of them. I tried to call the front desk about this problem, but the room phone didn't work so I used my cell phone to talk to someone. The staff said that they would call back to solve the problem, but they never did. The halls were dirty and looked like they hadn't been vaccuumed in a week. When we checked in, the desk person told me "good luck" finding a parking space and the parking lot was very poorly lit.
Overall, this was the worst hotel experience we've ever had and I would not reccommend this place to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Warning--Do not stay in this Holiday Inn Express
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jerry S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Jerry S,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Katie J
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Tyler hotels

Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed March 23, 2012

There was nothing bad about this Holiday Inn & Suites property. It is just in a bad location for almost everything you could do in Tyler (except the Caldwell Zoo). We constantly had to drive back south for a meal or a movie or shopping. Next time, we will not use hotwire, but pick a specific property and stay in South Tyler.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank txmasonmom
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Txmasonmom,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your stay at our Hotel. I am sorry the hotels location did not suite your needs. We appreciated the time and effort you have taken to inform us of your experience. Guests such as yourself enable us to maintain the high standard of service expected of us. We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I dragged my 4 girls out to Flint Texas for my long timeshare meeting while they drove around in the van.Then drove to Tyler. So they were not really happy when we arrived at the Holiday Inn. The front desk attendant welcomed us and said she would have fresh baked cookies soon. We checked in and the room was nice with beds that had memory foam tops. My kids and I loved them. Cookies were done and she got us hot chocolate when asked. She made them feel welcomed and everyone's moods improved. Internet was high speed and nice TV in the room. Workout room enjoyed by my girls even though not many machines. However, they offer a day pass at a nearby gym that is 24 hours. Great breakfast. It was an enjoyable stay and would stay here again anytime in Tyler Texas. Thanks to a wonderful front desk attendant.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed December 18, 2011

None of our lamps worked, neither of our phones worked. Breakfast (albeit complimentary) was cold at 6:20 a.m. I've stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels and this one is old and icky. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank ronnie e
Louisiana
Reviewed November 30, 2011

After driving 4 hours and shopping at Canton Trade Days for another 5 hours, we arrived at the Holiday Inn Express on West Gentry Parkway in Tyler, Texas. At check-in, the front desk manager stated that I had cancelled my reservations on October 5, which I had not. I received no cancelization number via email, no correspondence at all. I am a Priority Member and stay at this hotel twice a year; therefore, the hotel has my details. The desk manager was rude and loud; there were no other rooms available in Tyler for that weekend because of the flea market. I filed a complaint and later received an email from the manager of the hotel saying I had cancelled my reservations; he was sorry that no rooms were available. He did offer me a free room in the future. Unfortunately after many wonderful girl-road trips, I have lost my trust and confidence in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank WhoDatVan
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I love this hotel! It was clean, comfortable beds, and great customer service. High speed internet access, comfortable seating in my room and more ... Will stay here, again, whenever I visit Tyler, TX!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business