“Nothing works in the rooms”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed December 18, 2011

None of our lamps worked, neither of our phones worked. Breakfast (albeit complimentary) was cold at 6:20 a.m. I've stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels and this one is old and icky. Won't stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ronnie e

Reviewed November 30, 2011

After driving 4 hours and shopping at Canton Trade Days for another 5 hours, we arrived at the Holiday Inn Express on West Gentry Parkway in Tyler, Texas. At check-in, the front desk manager stated that I had cancelled my reservations on October 5, which I had not. I received no cancelization number via email, no correspondence at all. I am a Priority Member and stay at this hotel twice a year; therefore, the hotel has my details. The desk manager was rude and loud; there were no other rooms available in Tyler for that weekend because of the flea market. I filed a complaint and later received an email from the manager of the hotel saying I had cancelled my reservations; he was sorry that no rooms were available. He did offer me a free room in the future. Unfortunately after many wonderful girl-road trips, I have lost my trust and confidence in this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank WhoDatVan
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I love this hotel! It was clean, comfortable beds, and great customer service. High speed internet access, comfortable seating in my room and more ... Will stay here, again, whenever I visit Tyler, TX!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Our room was nice and wonderful, had a great TV and shower. The guy at the counter was super nice and helpful. I was really wanting to swim, which the guy up front said was fine even though it was after hours, as long as we were quiet. The pool was falling apart in some places and had quite a few dead bugs in it.... The spa was the worst though it had 3 -alive- roaches in it! Nasty! Glad I got it on hotwire about 4 days early, I paid $75 after tax for this room that is normally $130! I would pay that for the room, but definitely not for the pool...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
afrank3247, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express North Tyler in your recent accommodation needs. I am very pleased you enjoyed our new 42” flat screen TV’s and helpful staff! I do sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that were encountered in our outdoor pool & hot tub. Although cleaned daily, it seems these East Texas summers continually bring plenty of flying friends to visit us at night. We are currently doing some lobby updating and pool updates are coming soon. We would love for you to come back to visit, allowing us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

After reading the reviews of this hotel, and looking at the VERY well presented photos, I guess I was expecting something really fantastic. It was ... okay. The front desk was very helpful when we were discussing dining options, and the Temper-pedic bed was SOOOOO nice!

We stay at Holiday Inns a lot; as a matter of fact, we used one of our free nights to stay here while visiting family. There is noting wrong with the hotel! It is a nice, clean, typical Holiday Inn Express that is starting to show some age. I would call it about average for Holiday Inn, and above average for lower priced hotels in general.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This facility is very nice and the staff was very accomodating. For us it was a perfect location, centrally located for everything we wanted to see and do. The property we stayed at was located on W Gentry, in Tyler, right off the loop.

The breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express is always the best and they have the best cinamon rolls anywhere.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
afrank3247, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words and the opportunity to accommodate you. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

In Tyler for business and stayed at HI. Room was clean, service was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for visiting us and departing with such kind words. We look forward to seeing you here again and the opportunity to serve you soon.