“american food, back in time atmosphere with props”
Review of Skyline Cafe

Skyline Cafe
Ranked #189 of 395 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The Skyline Café is inside of the old Tyler Pounds Airport, where the Aviation Memorial Museum (HAMM) also resides, with some cool props! Atmosphere is old school, 30 & 40’s music, metal tables and chairs, checkered covers and old fashion diner style counter with the must spinning stools. With an american menu, hamburgers, blt, reuben … to wraps and salads; all made with fresh ingredients and cooked to order (keep that in mind as you wait, because you probably will if they have any business), the food is tasty. They also have great breakfast and the homemade cakes are deserving of a try, we enjoy taking home a piece of the carrot cake every once in a while, delicious! All and all - worth the drive for a step-back in time experience, good food and service.

2  Thank Sandra M

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is in the old Tyler Pounds Field Airport so you wont find it by just driving by. Large hamburgers. Great desserts

2  Thank etxgmom
Reviewed July 23, 2012

First time at Skyline Cafe. I had the blackbean wrap with scrumptious fresh fruit. Love that homemade chipotle they make. I had to have a bite of my husbands burger and it was wonderful. Their fries are awesome as well as their service. The gentlemn that waited on my was so nice and knowledgable of their products. We will be back. Well done

1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed July 20, 2012

What a great place. All food is hand-prepared and fresh daily. Anywhere from the entrees to the homemade desserts. They will get a lot more of our business.

2  Thank txbaro
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I came in with some co-workers for a business luncheon and was very impressed with their service. I had asked for a quiet table in the corner and the manager set us in the lobby area where it was nice and quiet. There were 7 of us. We ordered burgers, a Greek salad which was amazing, two Rubens and a pastrami and Swiss on rye. Let me tell you, the presentation was picture perfect and the food was as good as it looked. I am so glad that Skyline Cafe was recommended to us by a friend with ETMC and we are all now going to be regular customers.

2  Thank ElliotNichols