“Lovely Breakfast”

The Egg and I
Ranked #53 of 361 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Lovely Breakfast”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the Egg and I on a recent trip to Tyler. The portions were large, and the price reasonable. I had eggs benedict and they were delicious. Service was prompt and efficient. Would recommend to lovers of breakfast.

• Visited September 2013

Gloucester, Virginia
“Incredible!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is hands down the best breakfast anywhere! I really am a stickler for getting away from the same old same old breakfast food...you know what I mean... eggs, bacon, pancakes etc.
Well this place will do back flips to get you what you want for breakfast. I special ordered diced tomatoes with spinach, artichoke hearts, and baby bellas sauteed with 2 YOKES (no egg white: since I'm sensitive to albumin): Served over cold feta cheese.
They served that up and with pleasure!
They also have real butter and real syrup!
They offer omelets to frittatas : Mexican to Greek style breakfast options and lets not forget Eggs benedict (although I don't do pork) in a variety of ways.
Service was OUTSTANDING...
I not only came back... I came back 4 mornings in a row and one lunch... had I known lunch was that amazing... I would have come everyday!
I had a half turkey reuben on rye with real sauerkraut. OMG. That was outstanding. And huge. I just wish they had one in my area!
A big hats off to the wait staff and the Manager. They were excellent. I'd eat here every chance I got if I lived in that area...
Warning: Saturday mornings are BUSY!

• Visited August 2013
Tyler, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent food, horrible service”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The food was decent but over-priced. Much better deals and food at Mamma's Cafe down 5th street. The worst part was the staff, and surprisingly enough even the manager, were rude and condescending. Won't be going here again!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Luke S
Canton, Mississippi
“Yummy menu!!!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

An "egg-excellent" brunch place. The menu all looked good but I had the eggs Benedict and it was perfect! Love the coffee pot on the table,also. It was busy on a Saturday but worth the wait.

Tyler, Texas
“Anything with eggs!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

A full menu and not all meals had eggs. Good atmosphere, fast service and delicious food. It's only open for breakfast/lunch.

Visited October 2012

Been to The Egg and I? Share your experiences!