“Gluten-free pasta choice”

Oliveto Italian Bistro
Ranked #16 of 361 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hawkins, Texas
“Gluten-free pasta choice”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to find that Oliveto has a gluten-free pasta choice. With 1 in 100 people suspected of being a Celiac, that was great news to me (gluten-intolerant), and I happily ordered a pasta entree and enjoyed it very much. For those who are truly Celiac, I don't know how careful the kitchen is about keeping gluten away from gluten-free things, but it was refreshing to at least see they were aware and making an attempt. Food is good here and service as well.

• Visited April 2013

Tyler, Texas
“My favorite Tyler Restaurant”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Oliveto's has become my favorite place to eat in Tyler. I've tried several different entrees there. I have yet to find anything that I didn't like, but my favorites are their pizzas and especially the chicken parmigiana. The food is priced at or slightly lower than the national Italian chain, however you don't get a salad with the meal, it is just the entree. The food is fresher and the quality is higher here too. But every couple of weeks there is a coupon in the local paper for a free house salad.
They now have a gluten free menu which works great for us since our daughter has a major gluten intolerance.
Monday and Tuesday's are good days to go for their pizza as they have $7 pizza specials those days, although that doesn't include the gluten free pizza.
We've tried a couple of the desserts and they were very good. In fact, the bread pudding was excellent.
Our service has been excellent, but then we have learned to ask for Chris as our server.
I just don't think you can go wrong with Oliveto's.

• Visited March 2013
Tyler, Texas, United States
“Unique dining experience!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

A nice quite place to have a romantic dinner. Good Italian food with a very good singer named Isreal! We had a very nice dinner and enjoyed the music.

Visited January 2013
Tyler, Texas
“Good food, but pricey”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The food is fresh and tasty, but the value for your investment is not that good. It's just plain expensive for what you get, and the ambiance is only okay.

Visited October 2012
Austin
“Good place to take the kids for Italian”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Very nice eatery in a good location. Kids meals are a great buy and portions generous for everyone. All the food was good incl the St Louis ravioli for an appetizer, salads and entrees. Service was very good as well.

• Visited October 2012