“Great find”

Tiger Creek Wildlife Refuge
Ranked #4 of 38 things to do in Tyler
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Tiger Creek Wildlife Refuge, international home to over 37 rescued big cats. Come meet these majestic animals, learn about the feline species known as Panthera Tigris and find out how you can help to ensure their future in the United States and worldwide.We started Tiger Creek for a very specific purpose: "To provide rescue and rehabilitation of big cats that have been abused, neglected or displaced."It continues to be our guiding mission, and as we continue to expand, we are working to establish large natural settings for the big cats.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Tiger Creek is located 5 miles north of Tyler, Tx on FM (farm market rd) 14. It takes about an hour to go through the walking tour of this facility. The refuge is dedicated to preserving endangered wild cats. These cats come from all over, closed zoos, private individuals etc. The animals can never be released by into the wild, so they have a safe place to live out their lives. The staff does an outstanding job in taking care of their charges. Well worth your time. There is a $10.00 person entrance fee.

4  Thank 398JackH

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We really enjoyed our afternoon here! Having a personally guided tour was incredible. My kids asked many questions and I loved that they learned so much about the cats. The animals are beautiful and well cared for. I was happy to see the large new enclosures - excited that they were building other new big areas. My daughter was able to sit and sketch the animals - it was nice to have benches so that we could sit and linger. A wonderful afternoon!

4  Thank Okieqt
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Great guided tour. Able to see tigers, Puma, Bobcats ,Lions up close. Guides are very nice and knowledgeable. Only problem is you just want to pet them so much!

2  Thank Bellaelong
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is an amazing place to visit and see the rescue work that is being done. They have a number of cats besides tigers. A visit is a great opportunity to view and give support to this endeavor. An educational tour is included to introduce you to the cats and their history as well as to see how the work is expanding for the benefit of the animals.

1  Thank Julie K
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I took my 4yr old and my 2 yr old to visit, their hats kept falling off....they got fleas from the tigers, I took my kids to the doc sense their heads had red dots all over and a big flea jumped out....and doc confirmed it, beware!

4  Thank spilarsrest