“Beautiful hotel! Great customer service!”

Staybridge Suites Tyler University Area
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

For the price this can't be beat! Indoor pool, hot breakfast, outdoor sitting area with fireplace and TV, indoor sitting areas with TV, free DVD, game and book rentals! Staff very friendly and helpful! Very clean as well! We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank momlikes2Travel

Reviewed November 20, 2013

The customer service is excellent! Best experience at a hotel by far. Staff took care that all needs were met. The place was so inviting I hated to leave! The room was clean and equipped with everything I needed for my stay away from home. The hotel staff really makes your stay a unique experience and you truly feel pampered! The staff makes you feel like you are the most important person at their hotel. Breakfast is great with different choices. I got tired of eating cold cereal everyday (only edible thing) at other hotels I have stayed. Nice to know there is a hotel that actually wants repeat business. You can enjoy and linger over gourmet coffee while dining in the most comfortable dining area. I felt like I was on vacation even though I was in Tyler on business. It was a truly relaxing and enjoyable experience for me.
My job requires 80% travel and have stayed at other hotels. Let me say I just wish they had a Staybridge in every city.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I would definitely recommend this hotel! The staff were friendly, inviting and very accommodating. The Hotel itself was easy to navigate, however, the parking could be an issue when crowded.

Our room was spacious, very clean and fresh, and the bed was super comfortable with plenty of pillows and covers.

We would most certainly stay her again! (except for one thing....)

With regards to breakfast.... Yes, it was plentiful, with a large variety of choices, however, we had a difficult time finding any prepared foods that did not have a hint of a chemical flavor. It almost tasted like the cookware and utensils used to make the food were washed with a detergent substance, but weren't rinsed very well and transferred to the food. Foods that were not prepared, such as bread and cereal did not have that taste. If there were a suggestion I could give the staff, it would be to rinse the cookware and utensils a little longer. This hopefully will fix the problem.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites twice over the past three weeks and it did not disappoint both stays! The room is great, the property is kept up and still looks brand new, and the staff is friendly. It is the best stay in the area!

Pros:

Easy to get too. It is tucked away, but is very safe.
Staff is great and friendly.
Rooms are very comfortable and bathrooms were great!

Cons:
Breakfast is ok, but need more options. Plus waffle machine was not working, and eggs were cold.

Great stay and will be staying here more!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here on a Saturday night prior to running the Tyler marathon. Booked through Hotwire. Called a few days before to check on getting two beds since Hotwire doesn't have that option. Was told two beds would be $100 extra which was more than I paid for the room in the first place. At checkin the fee was quoted as $40 for 2 beds. I agreed. In the morning when we left to go to the race I was told that we couldn't have late checkout because they had 58 rooms to clean. I wasn't really sure what that had to do with it. Since we never have problems with late checkout at most hotels. For our particular reason for travel getting a shower after the race is a need. Definitely will avoid ALL Staybridge hotels in the future. It is a brand new hotel. The room was clean. Smelled strongly of bleach. The hallway was like an echo chamber so earplugs were required. Since we are already running before breakfast is served on weekends that is an amenity that we don't use. The drawer on the nightstand wouldn't stay closed and the poor layout of the room meant that we needed to be careful about not banging our legs on the bed frames.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Tyler University Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear stevemustangred,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us. It is unfortunate the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I were greatly impressed with the hotel. The staff was very pleasant to us and answered our questions without an eye roll. The amenities in this hotel are great, from the breakfast buffet that changed every day to a great room where you can entertain or be entertained. There are a couple of grills outside to bbq on if that's what you want. Our room was definitely a place you could spend a week in and not feel cramped. We will stay there again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
staytyler, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Tyler University Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for staying with us while visiting Tyler. We take pride in taking care of our guests and hope to see you in the near future.

Best Regards,

CK Patel

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding over Labor Day week-end.. The hotel had wonderful common areas to gather. The only complaint I had was that the breakfast buffet was not kept fully stocked. When we came down for breakfast, a number of the selections were depleted. I assume this was because the hotel was fully booked. Otherwise, we had a great stay at this hotel and I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends