“Nice and new”
Review of Courtyard Tyler

Courtyard Tyler
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is a very nice Courtyard - seems very new. I was concerned about the ability to control the thermostat (a common issue in hotels) since it was near 100, but was happy to see that I could keep the room nice and cool. The rooms are nicely designed and have all you need. It's a great option if you are in the Tyler area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Sales_Directorof, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

WJ2011, thank you for staying with us during your time in Tyler. I'm so glad we were able to serve you. We make every attempt to exceed our guests' expectations, especially during the hot Texas summer. We are celebrating our 3rd year anniversary this month, and hope to have the hotel looking and feeling new years from now. Thank you again for your great review, and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Spent two nights here while on business with my husband. Staff welcomed me back. Gave us our room on the 4th floor close to the elevator. Room was cool and clean when we came in from the hot 95 degree Texas heat. I love their light summer coverlets on the beds. This room has everything that we need; fast internet, large flat screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, nice computer friendly desk with comfy chair and best "sleeping" beds ever. I could find nothing at all to complain about this stay. We come to Tyler often and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad we were able to take care of you and your husband while you were in Tyler. It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the beds and that our staff were able to make your stay the best possible. We look forward to having you again and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed here for business and couldn't have been happier. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable as mentioned in other reviews. I like the Bistro in the lobby that provides breakfast ideas and the fitness center as well. But what I will remember most is the helpfulness of the staff. Everyone from the front desk, conference services, maintenance and maids. Everyone was so nice and approachable. It made for a very pleasant stay and it does make a difference.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Alominac, Thank you so much for staying with us here at Courtyard Tyler, and for this wonderful review. We love to hear about our guests' experiences and I will be sure to share your review with the staff. I'm so glad you enjoyed our Bistro and service. We know it's the little touches that make a difference and that's why we strive to provide world class Marriott service. I hope to see you back soon! Safe Travels!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way to Dallas this weekend and had a most comfortable stay. The beds are exceptionally comfortable and the rooms are spacious. Friendly staff ready to help!!! The rooms are clean and the lobby has lots of room for family gatherings. It is well located near restaurants, movies and shopping. I just wish movies could be rented at this facility. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gran7
Sales_Directorof, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Gran7, I'm so glad to have had you and your husband with us while traveling to Dallas. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we're so happy to read this wonderful review. Every guest deserves outstanding service and we work very diligently to provide this each and every time. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you soon..on the return trip!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Got a good deal on this hotel in Tyler, beautiful hotel, nice neighborhood, only complaint seems lik it was hot because the curtains were hanging over a/c. Friendly staff and very attentive, they also have free wifi, would stay at again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank john398

John 398, Thank you for your review. I'm so glad we were able to serve you during your time in Tyler. We make every effort to provide exceptionally consistent world class service befitting a valued Marriott guest. Thank you for letting us know about the room temperature and curtains. With Texas summertime approaching, we are making adjustments to have guest rooms as comfortable as possible upon arrival. We hope to have you back soon and look forward to seeing you again! Safe Travels!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very nice hotel that has recently opened in Tyler, Texas. The hotel/rooms are very clean and the rooms are spacious. Nice touches throughout the hotel such as a nice sitting area in the lobby with a TV and computers for guest use. Starbucks in the lobby and I also liked the flat screens located at the elevators. I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Tyler. I would prefer a complementary breakfast though.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Sales_Directorof, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Gary R, Thank you so much for staying with us at Courtyard Tyler and writing this great review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back again soon! We strive to provide world class service for each guest and greatly appreciate this positive feedback! Safe Travels!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The facilities seem relatively new and well-designed. There was a problem with the water system reported by one of the staff to me, but I did not experience it. The location was convenient to drive into town.

My previous review on the staff service was censored by the site so I suppose a less clear review without any context is the only way to convey my experience, and that of the other twelve guests with me, to fellow travelers. Since my time spent providing detail and points for improvement/specific examples of my experience to be confirmed or refuted is somehow unacceptable to the site, I’ll simply say my experience with the front desk staff was horrible. Since I am not allowed to provide clear explanation of my perception, I am forced to recommend no one stay at this hotel until the staff are retrained or replaced.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kaiser_D
Sales_Directorof, Director of Sales at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Kaiser_D, please accept my apologies for your stay being less than satisfactory. I would love to speak with you personally to fully understand your concerns. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations each and every stay, and we obviously failed to assure you that we not only care, but value and appreciate you as our guest. We at Courtyard Tyler, in conjunction with Marriott standards, make every attempt to fix our mistakes, so if you would contact me, I'd be more than happy to visit with you and rectify this to your satisfaction. Thank you- Joshua Kale, Director of Sales.