“Beyond Awful”
Review of Courtyard Tyler

Courtyard Tyler
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Tyler
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I just called the Marriott Courtyard in Tyler, TX and spoke to Kiffany. I have been a loyal customer and member of the Marriott going on 7 years. She must have been the most unprofessional, inappropriate, rude and inconsiderate staff member I have ever spoken to. She was screaming to me by the end of the conversation. I think Marriott may want to re evaluate who they have answering their phone calls. If you cannot be pleasant on that first initial call, you will lose much business.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Diana F
OpsMgrCourtyardTyler, Manager at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Ms. Diana, I want to sincerely apologize for the customer serivce that you encountered during a recent phone conversation with one of my staff. I assure you that this is not the normal customer service that we offer our guests and necessary precautions have been taken to ensure that this does not happen again. Please, do consider us for your future reservations when traveling to Tyler.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed here when going to the trade days in Canton. I chose Courtyard because I have always had great experiences with Marriott hotels in the past. I was highly disappointed this time. The first 2 rooms they gave us were dirty- the first was being used by maintenance with tools and extension cords spread about, and the second had not been cleaned- half empty water bottles on table and nightstand, used soap and disposable razors in the shower. The third room was an "upgrade", meaning it had a whirlpool tub. Nice, but this room had issues too. The tv only had the basic channels, not HBO, CNN, and other channels that they advertised. The water pressure was spotty at best, the whirlpool tub we had been "upgraded" to was noisy and the drain plug didn't hold water, and when we turned down the sheets, we found several small BLOOD stains on the sheets. There was also a large stain on the carpet. Keep in mind this hotel is only a couple years old. The only positive I can say is the bathroom was clean. When checking out, I found out this hotel isn't even owned by Marriott- it's a franchise. All I can say is the Courtyard in Tyler, Tx gives Marriott hotels a huge black eye. For the price, I expect a certian level of cleanliness and professionalism. I would also expect a continental breakfast. I will definitely re evaluate my past loyalty to Marriott.

Room Tip: If traveling in Tyler, Tx., stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Doug B
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Great experience, new hotel with a modern feel. Reasonably priced, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
OpsMgrCourtyardTyler, Manager at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Daniel, thank you for staying with us during your trip to Tyler. We are please to know that you will be a repeat guest and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

As a patent litigator, I am often in Tyler. I love Tyler, and I love this hotel. It is a home away from home. The staff could not be more helpful. The facility is a cut above any other Courtyard in which I have stayed, and is better than anyplace else in Tyler (with the Hilton Garden Inn in second place).

I have only one complaint from my most recent visit: The business center could easily be better. There are at least three computers (all PCs) with three printers -- but only one of the printers was working, and toner was low on that one. Moreover, the computers are souped up with weird Marriott software that made what should have been a simple task of printing a 30 page Powerpoint impossible and necessitated a late-night run to Kinkos. To the hotel I would note: There is no need for the special software. Just give us a normal PC running Windows, and a normal Mac, and maintain the printers, and everything will go more smoothly.

Still, I love this place and will miss it (until a new trial is ordered in our case).

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard Tyler in late April and found it to be just what i needed during a stressful time. The king room was large, clean and beautifully decorated. However, i think you have to request the executive size room, as i was shown another room that was much smaller which i did not accept. It came w microwave and small fridge. The desk area and chair were really user friendly and i managed to do a lot of work. Did not like the lack of a closet--they use a piece of furnitiure as the closet, rather than a built in one. Capacity was really limited. Like most courtyards, food is limited, but there are several restaurants near by, including a great hamburger place across the parking lot. I recommend it.

Room Tip: There are larger and smaller king rooms. Request a larger or executive room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My recent stay at the Courtyard in Tyler, TX was a great experience. I will definitely make this location my choice for my return trips to the Tyler area. I will also search out more of the Courtyard locations in other areas of my territory, which includes all of Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma.

Thanks,
Cecil Caldwell

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Our group found the Countyard and used it for a convention stay. The staff, especially the front desk were on top of everything we needed and accomodated us over and above anything we could have asked for. Rooms were just as described, clean and comfortable. My wife and I like to keep a room super cold and we actually had to turn the air up as it was cold. Great place to stay in the area and convenient.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

John, thank you for posting such wonderful comments about our staff and hotel, I will be sure to share them with everyone. We are pleased that you enjoyed your convention stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.