“What a great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Courtyard Tyler

Courtyard Tyler
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Tyler
“What a great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

On my last trip to Tyler TX, I had an unexpectedly wonderful experience staying at the Courtyard Tyler for seven days. Because of airplane delays, I arrived after 3 AM very tired after a bruising travel experience. Right off the bat, the desk personnel could not have been more solicitous and helpful. They called me by my name the whole time, and even checked in by phone when I didn't respond to the wake up calls. The hotel itself was a delight--I think it was less than 1 year old, and was exceptionally clean, comfortable and well appointed including outside lounge areas. This was surprising to me, given the hot Texas temperature, but many people used it. Free Wi-Fi or wired internet, a large flat screen TV, a coffee shop in the reception area. Great place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank fritz22
OpsMgrCourtyardTyler, Manager at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this review, June 30, 2011
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. We strive every day to provide our guests with the best customer service possible and we are so glad to hear that you appreciated it. We hope that you stay with us again when in Tyler.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

We were here last year and this hotel had just opened. They were still working out final opening "kinks", but, even with that, everything was smooth and easy. The rooms seemed to be a little on the small side, but adequate for a suite. We had no complaints during the 2 night stay. We loved that it was all new and clean and fresh. As for the complaint made by another rater abut the Fox News channel, we have found that most Texans appreciate unbiased news reports and not magazine type stories found on other news TV channels. the location is in a safe area and quiet, while being convenient to many of the newer shopping areas and businesses.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
We have certainly worked out the "kinks" and would love for you to come stay with us again! We appreciate your great comments!
Bossier City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

Young lady checking us in was very nice, helpful. The room was very nice, new, clean, bed was comfortable. TV is to the side of the bed making it uncomfortable to watch TV from the bed. Even with that, we were very pleased with our room. TCBY is right next door! Problems: We got the package deal with breakfast. The restaurant was horrible. The staff was not friendly, waited very long time for food, menu was small, eggs were cold, no service after food was delivered, coffee machine was broken, tables were not cleaned. We also had a loud neighbor down the hall that was out in the hallway screaming and crying until 2:30 AM. I finally contacted the front desk. I understand hotel has no control over a problem like this. When checking out the next morning I turned in my breakfast voucher and asked for consideration for the problems with the distrubance during the night. The only thing the hotel was willing to do was give me credit for the breakfast voucher. Room is nice but I hope you don't have a problem while staying here.

Room Tip: Don't book by an elevator
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank futurehope94
I am terribly sorry for the inconvieneces that you encounted during your stay. At the Courtyard in Tyler, we strive every day to provide our guests with the best service possible. I apologize that you did not recieve this with our bistro. We take your comments very seriously and I will certainly make sure that these issues are all corrected. The next time you are in Tyler, we do ask that you stay with us again. We would love a second chance to serve you!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

I stayed at this Courtyard for the first time in May 2011 as we held a workshop there. I was blown away by my whole experience there. Brand new hotel. Beautiful property and rooms. Great decor. Great meeting rooms. What sets this hotel apart is their outstanding staff! They are willing to do everything possible to ensure you have a great stay! I have stayed at numerous hotels in Tyler and this is by far the best! I will be back.

• Stayed May 2011
OpsMgrCourtyardTyler, Manager at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Thank you for leaving such great comments about our hotel!! We are very proud of our new hotel and our staff. We look forward to serving you again when you are in Tyler!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

This was my first stay, and I was pleasantly surprised by the style, comfort, cleanliness and aervice offered here. I travel often for business and look for a nice home away from home feeling, which this Courtyard delivers. I also like the healthy breakfast options. I plan to return often for my longterm business in Tyler. There is no reason to look further!

• Stayed May 2011
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to being your home away from home when you are in Tyler!
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

I was here for 1 night for a meeting in Longview, and the location is a solid 30 minutes from the Tyler airport, and then another 45 minutes to Longview. The location is in a prime developing area of Tyler, but it cost me $25-30 1 way by taxi, which took 30 min to get to pick me up at the airport and another 30 minutes to get from the hotel to the airport.

The checkin crew and Bistro staff in the afternoon and evening were pleasant, but I have no idea why I received a handicapped access room! And, I am a member of their rewards program and definitely NOT handicapped! To be honest, for a short person, the counter and sink in the bathroom are horribly awkward in the handicapped room, so this was not pleasant at all. However, the room was clean as expected overall. For $129/night in a small town, however, this property fell below my expectations.

In the morning, I did not receive my bill under the door as is customary. I went to checkout and told the front desk, "let me get some breakfast before they close" and the front desk person said, "Yes, its cutting it close". However, I was unable to purchase my breakfast as the Bistro guy rudely informed me that he had closed at 9am (over an hour ago)! The morning Bistro guy was horribly rude and not at all interested in helping me in any way at all. The front desk, Mark, I think, was very kind and pointed me in the direction of where I could find breakfast. (There is a Subway across the parking lot and they never stop serving breakfast!) The front desk guy was very apologetic and nice about the fact that no one had communicated to me the accurate time for breakfast (although I had been invited to eat breakfast upon checkin). Further more, there was not even a sign at the Bistro indicating the hours. Even when I purchased a glass of wine and orange juice for my room the night before, not one staff informed me of the breakfast hours! If the guy who staffed the Bistro in the morning had been nicer about it, i wouldn't be writing such a scathing review. Truly his attitude was abominable!

Between the location and the poor morning Bistro service, I am very happy to not return to this area again. If I do return to this area for work, I will stay at a competitors property where I believe I will get better service.

Room Tip: don't know what that is - I didn't get it
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
CourtyardTyler, General Manager at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback! I apologize for the lack of communication you received regarding our Bistro's hours of operation and for any inconvenience this caused you. I hope you will give us a chance to show you what kind of service our team is capable of providing by returning to the Courtyard Tyler should your travels bring you back to the area.
Danville, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

I had a very nice three night stay here. Its a little far out from town but the area seems to be building up, with a movie theatre right across the street. Very clean facility and every staff member I encountered was very hospitable. Room was very comfortable with a nice high def TV.

I have only two minor negative comments. First, I miss having real glassware in the bathroom. Those plastic cups just seem so cheap. I think this is a new Courtyard standard so I really don't blame the property for this. Second, they have flat screen TVs on every floor. Very nice except they always seemed to be tuned to Fox News. While I understand Tyler may be a conservative area, not all your guests are so inclined. How about putting something neutral on like CNN or just go with ESPN.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing our Refreshing Business Courtyard by Marriott! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback you provided. We hope you will choose the Courtyard by Marriott during your next visit to Tyler! We hope to see you soon.

Kindest Regards,