Courtyard Tyler
$67
Rodeway Inn(Tyler)(Great Value!)
$59
Hotels.com
All reviewsfront deskbistro staffstarbucks coffeemarriott brandfire pitparking lotthe check in processnice hotelenjoyed my stayindoor poolbed was comfortablerooms are cleanwould definitely stay here againconvenient locationgreat place to staystaff was friendlylobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2011

This was my first stay, and I was pleasantly surprised by the style, comfort, cleanliness and aervice offered here. I travel often for business and look for a nice home away from home feeling, which this Courtyard delivers. I also like the healthy breakfast options. I plan to return often for my longterm business in Tyler. There is no reason to look further!

• Stayed: May 2011
OpsMgrCourtyardTyler, Manager at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to being your home away from home when you are in Tyler!

Reviewed May 18, 2011

I was here for 1 night for a meeting in Longview, and the location is a solid 30 minutes from the Tyler airport, and then another 45 minutes to Longview. The location is in a prime developing area of Tyler, but it cost me $25-30 1 way by taxi, which took 30 min to get to pick me up at the airport and another 30 minutes to get from the hotel to the airport.

The checkin crew and Bistro staff in the afternoon and evening were pleasant, but I have no idea why I received a handicapped access room! And, I am a member of their rewards program and definitely NOT handicapped! To be honest, for a short person, the counter and sink in the bathroom are horribly awkward in the handicapped room, so this was not pleasant at all. However, the room was clean as expected overall. For $129/night in a small town, however, this property fell below my expectations.

In the morning, I did not receive my bill under the door as is customary. I went to checkout and told the front desk, "let me get some breakfast before they close" and the front desk person said, "Yes, its cutting it close". However, I was unable to purchase my breakfast as the Bistro guy rudely informed me that he had closed at 9am (over an hour ago)! The morning Bistro guy was horribly rude and not at all interested in helping me in any way at all. The front desk, Mark, I think, was very kind and pointed me in the direction of where I could find breakfast. (There is a Subway across the parking lot and they never stop serving breakfast!) The front desk guy was very apologetic and nice about the fact that no one had communicated to me the accurate time for breakfast (although I had been invited to eat breakfast upon checkin). Further more, there was not even a sign at the Bistro indicating the hours. Even when I purchased a glass of wine and orange juice for my room the night before, not one staff informed me of the breakfast hours! If the guy who staffed the Bistro in the morning had been nicer about it, i wouldn't be writing such a scathing review. Truly his attitude was abominable!

Between the location and the poor morning Bistro service, I am very happy to not return to this area again. If I do return to this area for work, I will stay at a competitors property where I believe I will get better service.

Room Tip: don't know what that is - I didn't get it
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
CourtyardTyler, General Manager at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback! I apologize for the lack of communication you received regarding our Bistro's hours of operation and for any inconvenience this caused you. I hope you will give us a chance to show you what kind of service our team is capable of providing by returning to the Courtyard Tyler should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

I had a very nice three night stay here. Its a little far out from town but the area seems to be building up, with a movie theatre right across the street. Very clean facility and every staff member I encountered was very hospitable. Room was very comfortable with a nice high def TV.

I have only two minor negative comments. First, I miss having real glassware in the bathroom. Those plastic cups just seem so cheap. I think this is a new Courtyard standard so I really don't blame the property for this. Second, they have flat screen TVs on every floor. Very nice except they always seemed to be tuned to Fox News. While I understand Tyler may be a conservative area, not all your guests are so inclined. How about putting something neutral on like CNN or just go with ESPN.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for choosing our Refreshing Business Courtyard by Marriott! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback you provided. We hope you will choose the Courtyard by Marriott during your next visit to Tyler! We hope to see you soon.

Kindest Regards,

The Courtyard Team

Reviewed April 13, 2011

I stayed here on business in April, 2011, and I was VERY impressed. If every Coutyard could match the quality of this location, then the chain would be a much better option overall!

The property appeared to be brand-new, so it had complete cleanliness and a scuff-free look going for it. The reasons for the high rating go beyond that, however -- this Courtyard has a very modern feel. The lobby is very open, with great places to socialize, work, etc. -- it's a very well-designed, multi-use space that not only looks good, but is functional too (e.g., tons of outlets, tables for laptops, etc.). There is a small patio off the back of the lobby that was great for getting some work done in the sunshine. The room itself had the standard Courtyard elements, but also had enhanced its decor with some modern design elements. How refreshing to have a Courtyard that at least has SOME elements in the room that are different than the hundreds of other Courtyard properties around the country! Best of all, the bed -- both the mattress and the bedding -- was WAY better than most Courtyard properties, perhaps because it was brand new and not worn out as so much of the bedding with the brand seems to be across the country.

Service was excellent -- a big Texas-sized welcome at check-in and a front desk staff that continued to ask me how I was enjoying my stay as I passed the desk in my comings and goings from the property. I attended a meeting at the hotel (faciltiies were basic, but very nice); the service on that front wasn't quite as excellent as at the front desk but was fine.

Hotel is located near a large variety of restaurants (every chain you can imagine) and shops, etc.

As business brings me back to Tyler, I'll happily stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank brmusicman
CourtyardTyler, General Manager at Courtyard Tyler, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2011

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Tyler! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are proud to have this beautiful, new Refreshing Business Courtyard that you described, but it really is the people that make the difference. We hope to see you back soon!

Kindest Regards,
The Courtyard Team

Reviewed April 12, 2011

New Hotel with Great Service, will go again.
I think our room was never used once.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Fantastic! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back at the Courtyard Tyler soon!