“THE BAJA TACOS WERE EXCEPTIONAL!”
Review of Breakers

Breakers
Ranked #219 of 381 Restaurants in Tyler
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I ordered the gumbo, which was outstanding--lots of seafood. The Baja tacos were absolutely wonderful--I had both tilapia and grilled shrimp--delicious! The slaw had great flavor. The decor is nothing special, but the food is excellent.

There are newer reviews for Breakers

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I started going regularly to this seafood place several months back. It was excellent in the beginning. They started having live music on Saturdays and added to our good experience there. Over the course of the next few months the quality of food and sometimes service has severely degraded.
This last Saturday was our final visit. My wife usually order the seafood medley but they were out of snow crab legs. The server offered no substitution. My wife ended up ordering dungeness crab. It may have well been dung crab. It was grey, did not taste fresh, and was not cleaned properly. Mashed potatoes and rice were not near as good as we have gotten there in the past. My wife was on the verge of vomiting most of the night. I ordered some dinner rolls. They were rock hard on the outside but doughy on the inside. The soft drinks were flat with no carbonation what so ever. What was odd was the parking lot was overflowing but there were many empty tables in the dining area. I believe this place is becoming a hang out more that a quality restaurant. I guess they make more with expensive drinks in glasses full of ice than they do with good food. Also the wait staff seems to be preoccupied with other duties as the waiter was gone a lot but there were not that many tables to serve. We won't be going back.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Well just to start our service was a little lacking and the server didnt know the menu very well. That is usually a sign that they are needing better training. The drinks were perfect but my food was a little bland in taste

Reviewed February 2, 2013

If your looking for a fancy place, not the place to go to, but if you want California atmosphere with great seafood, this is your place. We travel a long distance to eat here. We had been going to a fancy French restaurant in the area, but had very bad service and food the last few times. Found breakers by accident and have never looked back. Luv the vib and staff.

1  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have never been disappointed when I come to Breakers. If I want amazing seafood, and amazing cocktails I go here. The shrimp and grits are a must try. I don't even like grits, but they are fantastic here. Try the drink called the Orange Kush, you'll thank me. My mouth is watering just typing this review!!

2  Thank Tiffany M

Been to Breakers? Share your experiences!